Contribute
Register

Hackintosh with Dual 27" Cinema Display possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,

I successfully built an awesome hackintosh with i7-2600, 16 GB RAM, GA Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard and an HD 6870 1 GB video card. The video card has 2 x DisplayPort connectors, in addition to DVI and VGA. I already have a 27" Cinema Display (non thunderbolt) -- which I bought for this setup, and my cousin is willing to sell me his older 27" Cinema Display (non thunderbolt) as well for a good price. Now I have two aweseome monitors -- and I am thinking whether this will work.

I browsed the internet, but couldn't find an example of someone making this work. If I plug in each of the Cinema Displays into each of the Display ports on the HD 6870, could I get a dazzling dual monitor display at 2550x1440 on each monitor? Or am I missing something? How about if I used the lower resolution 1920x1200 24" dual monitors. Can this work?

I've become addicted to the dual monitor setup since I was a PC guy and I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to try this with my hackintosh. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

This is freaky, but I got the exact same setup, with a 2600k instead of a regular 2600.
On my HIS6870 2x 27" Led Cinemas run like a charm.
Also that board works as close to a real mac as possible, even the realtek nic now with the new kext.
I'd say if you need it get that 2nd screen.

Bedeenje,

That's awesome!! Do you get 2560x1440 resolution on each display? I heard that the video card can only output that resolution on its' DVI and that is cannot with its displayport output. Since the LED Cinemas only take MiniDisplayPort I am assuming you have a DisplayPort to MiniDisplayPort adapter setup to each of the displays? Is this correct?

If I get the word from you I am jumping in. Mind posting a screenshot? Your setup must be gorgeous with two 27" LED Cinemas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back