Graphics
XFX Radeon HD 6950
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys. After using my MacBook for a while, I decided to install OS X on my desktop pc. So I did this as it is written in the guide. But now I don't know how to continue. I tried a lot of things now. Maybe you can help me.

I have installed OS X Yosemite on a SATA HD. If I boot from the USB-Stick from the HD with -x the operating system is loaded and it works. But the menu bar and dock is not transparent and launch launchpad is laggy. So I think the problem is the graphic card. (I don't want to buy a new one or something like that)

If I boot directly from the HD the apple logo and a progress bar appears. Loading approx. to 1/3 and I get into a white screen. If I use -v i also get to the white screen.

My Hardware is:
- Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q6600
- XFX Radeon HD 6850
- Biostar G31-M7-TE
- 4 GB RAM

In "About your Mac" the Graphic Card is shown as "AMD Radeon HD 6xxx 2048 MB"

Can you help me? If you need more information, please say it.
Sorry for grammar mistakes.

Hey Guys. After using my MacBook for a while, I decided to install OS X on my desktop pc. So I did this as it is written in the guide. But now I don't know how to continue. I tried a lot of things now. Maybe you can help me.

I have installed OS X Yosemite on a SATA HD. If I boot from the USB-Stick from the HD with -x the operating system is loaded and it works. But the menu bar and dock is not transparent and launch launchpad is laggy. So I think the problem is the graphic card. (I don't want to buy a new one or something like that)

If I boot directly from the HD the apple logo and a progress bar appears. Loading approx. to 1/3 and I get into a white screen. If I use -v i also get to the white screen.

My Hardware is:
- Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q6600
- XFX Radeon HD 6850
- Biostar G31-M7-TE
- 4 GB RAM

In "About your Mac" the Graphic Card is shown as "AMD Radeon HD 6xxx 2048 MB"

Can you help me? If you need more information, please say it.
Sorry for grammar mistakes.

Please read the Rules :

Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Thanks in anticipation

Graphics performance is poor because you are in Safe Mode (-x)

The HD6850 works well in OS X.
Boot with -v -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No

Connect to your monitor with DVI - VGA is not supported.

Oh sorry. There was a mistake in my specification. My Graphic Card is XFX Radeon HD 6950 :thumbdown:
I read, that this graphic card is not supported? Or is there a possibility? With your suggestion I also get to the white screen.

Oh sorry. There was a mistake in my specification. My Graphic Card is XFX Radeon HD 6950 :thumbdown:
I read, that this graphic card is not supported? Or is there a possibility? With your suggestion I also get to the white screen.

Your research is correct - HD 6950 is unsupported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back