Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming Wifi
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 570
I have a PCIe adapter card, which takes either the Broadcom BCM94360CS2 or BCM943224PCIEBT2 cards

I have tried both and they both provide good WIFI with no additional drivers. My issue is that neither of these cards is providing Bluetooth.

I'm running a Mojave Hackintosh on an Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming Wifi motherboard with an i7 8700K and an RX 570 graphics card.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

Hey! You need a PCIe adapter with bluetooth connection (that you have to connect to one internal port of your motherboard) to get bluetooth working. On Mojave, it works OOB.

I have a PCIe adapter card, which takes either the Broadcom BCM94360CS2 or BCM943224PCIEBT2 cards

I have tried both and they both provide good WIFI with no additional drivers. My issue is that neither of these cards is providing Bluetooth.

I'm running a Mojave Hackintosh on an Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming Wifi motherboard with an i7 8700K and an RX 570 graphics card.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?
I

I think I can, there a couple of possibilities. First, did you connect a usb cable between the PCI-E card you mount the adapters in and a motherboard USB header? If it is, I would disconnect it and then boot in to macOS and go About This Mac > System Report and then click Bluetooth and see if anything is listed. The reason to check this is because if the included bluetooth adapter of the built in wifi is recognized by macOS, even if it can't use it, it will interfere with the genuine Apple bluetooth. I had to disable the USB port on my motherboard to solve this conflict.

If there is no bluetooth controller showing, you can also look under USB lower down in the list too. You can then shutdown, connect the USB cable and boot back in and check to see if the bluetooth shows up. If you don't have a cable then that's a problem.

Lastly if you don't have a built in bluetooth being recognized, you have the cable connected, and the card you are trying to use has bluetooth, then the USB port you connecting to on the motherboard might not be enabled in macOS. I like to test the USB motherboard header using one of those USB motherboard header to USB A connector you used to get with motherboards to see if macOS sees the USB header. If it does not then you will have to work on your USB configuration for macOS.

Looking up your motherboard you do have a bluetooth module on the motherboards wifi card, so I suspect that is your problem, I had that problem and solved it by editing a SSDT and disabling that port. Rehabman has a guide form making a custom SSDT to control the USB ports in macOS.

This worked for me, but it took going over it repeatedly. Not necessarily as complicated as it first seems. People have had this same issue on other motherboards with built in bluetooth/wifi cards. If you luck out the SSDT file that disabled USB port 14, you can find this on this website for the Designaire guide, but you should make or find a complete SSDT for your motherboards USB ports.

@hiddengerbil Are you able to troubleshoot the problem? I'm having the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back