Contribute
Register

Hackintosh wakes up immediately after sleep (OS X 10.11.6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P5Q-SE2
CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX460 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
HELP! My Hackintosh immediately wakes up from sleep.

The BIOS has no "Wake on LAN" or "Power on by USB" setting. I already tried all of the "Darkwake" options in Clover. "Wake for Ethernet network access" in [System Preferences>Energy Saver] is unchecked. The only USB devices attached to it are the keyboard, mouse & USB wifi adapter. I've also tried removing the USB wifi adapter, thinking it could be the cause, leaving only the keyboard and mouse but it still wakes up about 2 seconds after everything powers off.

I tried to check for the "wake reason" via Terminal and I'm attaching the screenshot hoping someone here can help me determine exactly what causes the immediate wake and suggest solutions for it. Thanks.

CPU: Intel Pentium G630
Motherboard: Asus P8H61 -M LX3 PLUS R2.0
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 9600GT
Wifi: D-Link DWA-125 (USB)

17861661_10213211203582831_304492836896617692_n.jpg

Does not require Buying Advice - Moved to Desktop Support.

Does not require Buying Advice - Moved to Desktop Support.

Sorry about that. I had to repeat posting the whole thing because the photo I was trying to attach failed to load. I must have forgotten to choose the correct category on my 2nd try.

Help, anyone?

Is wake on ethernet magic packet enabled in firmware settings or DSDT? Maybe this thread can help.

I suspect that it has nothing to do with your Wake on Lan settings. Your symptoms are indicative of the changes in how Apple manages USB ports. The screenshot seems to suggest this, in fact. You can read more about it here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

If you want to try a quick test to see if your issues are fixed, I recommend applying the Clover EHC1 to EH01 (and EHC2 to EH02) patch. (They are listed under the ACPI tab if you are using Clover Configurator). This will rename your USB 2.0 hubs and effectively disable Apple's port injectors that are likely causing the problems.

If you want to try a quick test to see if your issues are fixed, I recommend applying the Clover EHC1 to EH01 (and EHC2 to EH02) patch. (They are listed under the ACPI tab if you are using Clover Configurator). This will rename your USB 2.0 hubs and effectively disable Apple's port injectors that are likely causing the problems.

That didn't do the trick. When I go to wake reason, EHC1 just changed to EH01. It solved another problem though, external hard drives plugged into this hackintosh show up as internal HDDs, now that's fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back