Contribute
Register

Hackintosh wakes up immediately after sleep (OS X 10.11.6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have read the entire page. What of it?

OS X has compatibility issues with a BIOS CMOS resulting in its reset on each wake after sleep and reboot, which is noticeable in a loss of BIOS settings. Mostly Gigabyte motherboards are affected. Usually it can be solved by patching Device(RTC) in the DSDT.

If this does not help, the kext itself can be patched, which is done here.

What parts of this quote contradict what I posted earlier?

For everyones benefit, a quick description of the below options and which platforms to use them on would be useful. Some are obvious, but others not so :

Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 11.32.18.jpg

VoiletDragon, would you care to share what you know about these, and when it is appropriate to use them and when not to, this discussion can then move forward with the settings people need to use today instead of what they may have used previously :thumbup:

For everyones benefit, a quick description of the below options and which platforms to use them on would be useful. Some are obvious, but others not so :

View attachment 254360

VoiletDragon, would you care to share what you know about these, and when it is appropriate to use them and when not to, this discussion can then move forward with the settings people need to use today instead of what they may have used previously :thumbup:

Well. AppleRTC is used to fix CMOS Reset on some motherboards although newer hardware doesn't really require it like older hardware does. ASUSAICPUM is for locked MSRs although you can use KernelPM instead on newer hardware. KernelHaswelE is used for Patching Kernel i.e for X99. KernelLapic is really used for Laptops. Half of those i never use anyway. Common ones are AppleRTC of course ASUSAICPUM as some motherboards have locked MSRs. KernelPM can be used for Haswel Powermanagement also used for LockedMSRs. Not sure what DellSMBIOSPatch something I wouldn't use anyway.

But this motherboard will require AppleRTC and most likely ASUSAICPUM.

Well. AppleRTC is used to fix CMOS Reset on some motherboards although newer hardware doesn't really require it like older hardware does. ASUSAICPUM is for locked MSRs although you can use KernelPM instead on newer hardware. KernelHaswelE is used for Patching Kernel i.e for X99. KernelLapic is really used for Laptops. Half of those i never use anyway. Common ones are AppleRTC of course ASUSAICPUM as some motherboards have locked MSRs. KernelPM can be used for Haswel Powermanagement also used for LockedMSRs. Not sure what DellSMBIOSPatch something I wouldn't use anyway.

But this motherboard will require AppleRTC and most likely ASUSAICPUM.

Thanks! This will be useful for users tuning their configs and getting things working correctly.

any news about the s/w problem? mine is going to sleep for about 1-2secs and coming back instantly. tried turn off BT and LAN-wake... didn't work.

fixshutdown is activated but doesn't fix it too.

any news about the s/w problem? mine is going to sleep for about 1-2secs and coming back instantly. tried turn off BT and LAN-wake... didn't work.

fixshutdown is activated but doesn't fix it too.

No, unfortunately. Try changing your APM configuration on your BIOS, that worked on my other hackintosh. This one doesn't have that APM setting on the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back