Contribute
Register

Hackintosh wakes up immediately after sleep (OS X 10.11.6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how I confused this -- for whatever reason I was thinking he had an i7-2600K. Nevertheless, neither of those options (KernelPM and AppleRTC) seem necessary for his setup. I am still curious how he pulled his DSDT and not have the Clover patches appear in it.

I wouldn't say so. AppleRTC is needed to fix issues with CMOS Reset. KernelPM is for Haswel however not needed with Sandy Bridge Hardware but AppleRTC is. Look at the Clover Wiki for More info. https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches#kernelandkextpatches_kernelpm

I wouldn't say so. AppleRTC is needed to fix issues with CMOS Reset. KernelPM is for Haswel however not needed with Sandy Bridge Hardware but AppleRTC is. Look at the Clover Wiki for More info. https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches#kernelandkextpatches_kernelpm

If I recall, the AppleRTC DSDT patch was a result of certain BIOS's (in particular, Award BIOS) being incompatible with Apple's RTC (this was around the Snow Leopard days). For some folks, reducing the length parameter down to 2 fixed the issue, and it was believed that longer lengths resulted in corruption due to overlapping NVRAM blocks (RTC resides in NVRAM), leading to resets.

Gigabyte motherboards generally used Award BIOS and almost always exhibited this problem. However, it was not exclusive to only Gigabyte boards. That said, not all boards have the CMOS reset issue (e.g. my Dell Optiplex 990 SFF) and hence do not need this patch.

Anyway, this is a digression from an issue I would like resolved: how is OP getting a nearly unmodified DSDT (according to his DSDT attachments) when his config shows various hot patches to his DSDT?

I am still curious how he pulled his DSDT and not have the Clover patches appear in it.

I extracted the DSDT using Clover F4.

If I recall, the AppleRTC DSDT patch was a result of certain BIOS's (in particular, Award BIOS) being incompatible with Apple's RTC (this was around the Snow Leopard days). For some folks, reducing the length parameter down to 2 fixed the issue, and it was believed that longer lengths resulted in corruption due to overlapping NVRAM blocks (RTC resides in NVRAM), leading to resets.

Gigabyte motherboards generally used Award BIOS and almost always exhibited this problem. However, it was not exclusive to only Gigabyte boards. That said, not all boards have the CMOS reset issue (e.g. my Dell Optiplex 990 SFF) and hence do not need this patch.

Anyway, this is a digression from an issue I would like resolved: how is OP getting a nearly unmodified DSDT (according to his DSDT attachments) when his config shows various hot patches to his DSDT?

Incorrect. AppleRTC is needed to fix CMOS Reset but most newer hardware doesn't need it.

Incorrect. AppleRTC is needed to fix CMOS Reset but most newer hardware doesn't need it.

You disagree with me but then conclude the same thing, minus the history behind AppleRTC... I don't follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back