Contribute
Register

Hackintosh wakes up immediately after sleep (OS X 10.11.6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been having some very similar with the BCM94360CS.
It goes to sleep and 2 seconds it wakes.

Wake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] : due to XDCICNVW/ Using AC (Charge:0%)

I have double checked my USBPorts.kext and ALOT of debugging but no luck.

Anyone have any ideas?

I have a slightly different version of this with my Mojave Hackintosh (now on my spouse's desk). It worked fine when it was on my desk, but now behaves strangely. The symptom: the first time you tell it to sleep, it bounces back to life (except for the screen) immediately. But the second time, it goes to sleep properly.

I'm puzzled. The only thing that has changed in its move from one desk to another is, of course, the USB peripherals (different kbrd, wireless mouse with dongle, different game controller). So I'm guessing it has something to do with one of those peripherals. The workaround is annoying but do-able (tell it twice when you want it to sleep). But it's a little annoying.

Has anyone else seen "sleep successful every other time" behaviour?

Anyone have any ideas?

I have a similar problem. My suspicion is that it is the internal USB 2.0 motherboard connector and the LED devices (2 of them) that are been run through these devices.

Really interested in a solution.

Hello,

From a week ago, my Intel NUC7 began to wake up by itself only 1-2 seconds after sleep (but keeping monitor off). I think it began after installing a system security update.

So, after reading some threads from the forums, I tried this:
Code:
# sudo pmset proximitywake 0

Well, what I really did was the equivalent setting with Hackintool (since this tool warned me about this parameter, as it was set with a value of 1). But this it what this tool modified afterall.

I also added this parameter to the boot arguments.
Code:
darkwake=0

And the problem was gone.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks tzalbach. I will try that. The afflicted machine has recently lost its LAN capability (argh). I notice that since it lost ethernet connectivity, the sleep problem has disappeared. So I hazard a guess that it's somehow waking on network traffic. It wakes everything, including the monitor.

Prior to losing the LAN function on the mobo, the sleep problem had been getting worse over time. There were days when it would not sleep no matter how many times it was told to. But then on other days it would only take 2 or 3 tries. When I have ethernet again I'll try your proximitywake setting and see if that fixes the problem.

Hello,

From a week ago, my Intel NUC7 began to wake up by itself only 1-2 seconds after sleep (but keeping monitor off). I think it began after installing a system security update.

So, after reading some threads from the forums, I tried this:
Code:
# sudo pmset proximitywake 0

Well, what I really did was the equivalent setting with Hackintool (since this tool warned me about this parameter, as it was set with a value of 1). But this it what this tool modified afterall.

I also added this parameter to the boot arguments.
Code:
darkwake=0

And the problem was gone.

Hope this helps.

Hello again:

Today I've been aware of an additional step needed to repair this unwanted 'wakeup' behaviour, at least if it was caused by a system software update:

You'll need to reinstall/update Clover (I recommend to do it with Hackingtool). I think it is because of a startup script, installed by Clover installer, that the OS system update disables. So it needs to be re-enabled.

As it is shown in the Clover installer log output:
Code:
Activating /etc/rc.boot.d/70.disable_sleep_proxy_client.local rc script

This script "disables mDNSResponder sleep proxy client" (and it "will prevent the system waking from sleep every hours").

Hope this helps. Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back