ATI 6870 BE
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So my hackintosh runs Lion 10.7.3

I also want to run Lion as a Virtual Machine in VMWare. I re-downloaded 10.7.3 from the MAS and VMWare detected it and installed it just fine without needing iBoot or any other bootloader.

Runs fine except I can't modify my resolution, it's fixed at 1024x768 which looks awful on a 2560x1440 monitor!

The display is detected as spdisplays_display.

Does anyone know what I can do to this vanilla installation to get my display detected correctly so I can change the resolution?

I don't have this problem running various Linux Distros or Windows on VMWare. etc

What version of VMWare Fusion are you running? And did VMWare tools install correctly?

neil

Hi Neil, thanks for the reply that was the problem. VM Tools now installed & sorted :)

You could do me a favor and run GeekBench on your virtual machine and compare it to GeekBench score at the OS X host. And share how many cores and how much memory you are allocating to the VM.

edit - and the version of VMWare.

neil

VMWare 4.1.1 (536016)

Hackintosh:
Geekbench.png

VMWare 1 Core 4GB:
geekbench2.png

Now that is impressive. The VM is running better (faster) then it does on many real Macs.

thank you,
neil

Can you tell me the reason you want to run Lion In Lion?

App Development, debugging, troubleshooting in a clean environment etc.

I see. And it could be easier to reinstall or copy it than working on a different partition ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back