Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT
Hi guys, I am absolutely new to the world of building a Hackintosh and have finally decided to do it myself vs going out and buying brand new. I'd like to build a nice machine that will not give me any issues whatsoever during video editing with lag etc. My budget is around $2,000 - $2,500. I've already done a significant amount of research on this topic but just can't seem to wrap my head around what exactly is ok to buy and mix together in terms of hardware. My head is spinning a bit. I've also noticed that a lot of what I come across in terms of buying guides are kind of dated, is there a build for this purpose right now that would be considered current as of today?

Does anyone have any good advice on what a good buy list for all needed items would be for something in this price point? TIA, I can't tell you how much I would appreciate any and all advice!

The build guides on this site are up to date. The current 300 series motherboards would be the safe choice. 400 series is bleeding edge. There is a link for the bleeding edge stuff on the buyer's guide. The other important ingredient is the GPU. AMD 5700 XT is probably the best bet for you. Everything else you'll need such as RAM, power supply, SSD etc is for the most part Hackintosh compatible no matter what you get. You'll be safe if you stick to the buyer's guide. You can really do a lot with $2500. Feel free to ask any specific questions about individual components. Someone will be able to help you.

Thanks for the reply! From what I was reading I was thinking about picking up the Radeon VII based on some posts where people were saying that is the best bet if you don't want deal with scrubbing lag issues. Will the 5700 be adequate for me in terms of flawless playback/scrubbing in the timeline?

If I go with Radeon VII is my best bet to get it off of eBay? I tried finding it elsewhere and it's as if it doesn't exist...

I'm going to say the 5700 XT will probably be adequate. I'm also not a pro video editor, so hopefully someone else can chime in. The VII has been around for a while and although technically its more powerful than the Navi GPU's, it might be aged out of the market. AMD has new stuff right around the corner though. Buy Yeah, I mostly do Music production, Programming and occasional gaming so I'm not sure about video editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back