2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody,

Thanks for reading and taking time...

I would like to have some advise to build a powerful HAckintosh, able to run this kind of stuff :
- lion mountain
- CS6
- Color grading systems like : Rain / Mistika / Resolve / Scratch lab / Color front / Smoke
- FCP7

My budget is 1500$, I don't need something beautiful, neither wifi and bluetooth... I would love as many other people here using the Thunderbolt. Maybe I will wait more improvement for this feature, can you give me some advise ?

I also would like to be able to put my computer in sleeping mode...

Is there any good and very reliable Golden Builds ?
I would like something already improved without any technical difficulty or neither big bad surprise...
I'm even ready to build something without Thunderbolt, if I can have a better price, and also more reliable.
As I've got an old G5 that I love, I will try to put all that **** inside...
Maybe not it will depends on the final choosing project.

Thanks for reading again.

Here it was my first thought :
3770K core i7 or maybe Intel Core i7-3930K
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 560 Ti or maybe GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Corsair - CMPSU-650HXEU 650W
SAmsung SSD 830
(Corsair H60 Hydro Series Liquid Cooler)

OK thanks I've been also watching to the :
[h=1]GIGABYTE GV-N670OC-2GD GeForce GTX 670 Windforce OC 2048MB GDDR5 256-bit PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Graphics Card[/h]
seem's to be really good but maybe quite a bit too expensive for my budget.

I was looking at the SLUGNET build seem's to be cool...

OK then that's what I'm planing to build know :

1. 3770K core i7 -> 300€
  2. Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH -> 240€
  3. GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 Ti ->290€
  4. Cooler Master - GXpower750Bronze - Alimentation PC - 750 W ->80€
  5. SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SDSSDX-240G-G25 -> 164€
  6. Coolermaster HAF 912 -> 69€ or NZXT Technologies Source 210 69€

TOTAL 1143€

I think I will had a 1TO HDD SATA3 and a nice screen for color.

What's missing ? maybe a : Corsair H60 Hydro Series Liquid Cooler

---

What I already own :

1. Iolair MB24W (MVA - 24')
  2. G4 full functional with OS X Tiger
  3. G5 doesn't working anymore
  4. MBP late 2007 with 500Go HDD
  5. Iomega 1To FW800 SATA(4 x Hitachi 250Go 7200RPM 16Mo HDT722525DLA380 SATA3.5 )
  6. Seagate Baracuda IDE (Parallel ATA) 500Go 7200RPm 8Mo ST3500830A
  7. HDD BARACUDA 120Go IDE

Is there any pages for beginners, like some real goods videos or books given a overall view on the important components with some good advises on how to choose them (if it was in french will be better, I can manage a bit of english).

CONS :I must admit that, I'm a bit worry of having a computer that I can't upgrade in the futur. The worst thing that I can imaging it's having to replace every components because each components are depending the one from the other. Also a bit worry of having some specific programs not working at all. It seem's like there is always an issue, but I'm sure there is also people having difficulty that they can't go over... Any encouragement will be welcomed as well :)

Thanks for advise.

PRO : On the otherside I know that I could go to windows if I'm having too much trouble running OS X, that's the good part. It's look like there is possibility for making evolving the computer without having to buy everything again.

Do you think we will be able to hot plug thunderbolt in the near futur ?

OK then that's what I'm planing to build know :

1. 3770K core i7 -> 300€
  2. Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH -> 240€
  3. GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 Ti ->290€
  4. Cooler Master - GXpower750Bronze - Alimentation PC - 750 W ->80€
  5. SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SDSSDX-240G-G25 -> 164€
  6. Coolermaster HAF 912 -> 69€ or NZXT Technologies Source 210 69€

TOTAL 1143€

I think I will had a 1TO HDD SATA3 and a nice screen for color.

What's missing ? maybe a : Corsair H60 Hydro Series Liquid Cooler

---

What I already own :

1. Iolair MB24W (MVA - 24')
  2. G4 full functional with OS X Tiger
  3. G5 doesn't working anymore
  4. MBP late 2007 with 500Go HDD
  5. Iomega 1To FW800 SATA(4 x Hitachi 250Go 7200RPM 16Mo HDT722525DLA380 SATA3.5 )
  6. Seagate Baracuda IDE (Parallel ATA) 500Go 7200RPm 8Mo ST3500830A
  7. HDD BARACUDA 120Go IDE

SATA 3 is not that important HDD wise, as the data throughput on a mechanical Hard Disk does not saturate SATA 2.

Cooler wise I'd say for for the H80 (very pleased with mine), or if the case can fit it a H100 as they both have the pump controls.

hey,

I'm also thinking about this mainboard. Does anyone have experiences with this board? does the wifi/BT work and how about thunderbolt and power management?

It'seems there's no Hot Plug actually with the thunderbolt. I was asking myself if it's gonna evolve soon or not ? I don't know if we have to wait for next generation motherboard, or if it can be done later by coding stuff...

hey,

I'm also thinking about this mainboard. Does anyone have experiences with this board? does the wifi/BT work and how about thunderbolt and power management?

From what I've read the WiFi card does not work so bought myself a TP-Link WDN8400. I had a Linksys dual band N PCI card before that and the TP-Link gets a much stronger signal in the same location so worth it just for that. Apparently if you initialise the Bluetooth in Windows first it works in OS X but I'm not using it so can't test that.

Haven't got any Thunderbolt devices to test. Power management works perfectly, sleep and shutdown work on my Hack just as well as my MacBook Pro.

h… so if the wifi doesn't work, I could as well just get a GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP4 TH, right? seems to have the same features, just no wifi and BT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back