Graphics
Zotac GTX970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, when installing hackintosh do i need to use Snow Leopard 10.6? Because from what I have is in 10.6.3, Will it still work? I dont want my money to go waste :(
My system is
core-i3 2120
Asus P8H61-MLE/USB3
4GB RAM
Asus N210 1GB
500GB
500W PSU

I already prepared iBoot cd and regarding post installation do i need to use custom DSDT? or just wing it in MultiBeast?

Cheers!

Now, don't take my word for this (NOT an expert), but you should be able to run Mountain Loin on that, smooth as butter.

Anyone able to shine some light?

Hey guys, when installing hackintosh do i need to use Snow Leopard 10.6? Because from what I have is in 10.6.3, Will it still work? I dont want my money to go waste :(
My system is
core-i3 2120
Asus P8H61-MLE/USB3
4GB RAM
Asus N210 1GB
500GB
500W PSU

I already prepared iBoot cd and regarding post installation do i need to use custom DSDT? or just wing it in MultiBeast?

Cheers!

The retail OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or 10.6.3 install disc works fine either way.

Im in the installation now, i am quite confused in the BIOS, since i dont have the old bios i dont know where to look, ive thinkered around abit, set SATA to AHCI, adjusted the BLCK/PCI? to 100 Didnt found HPET but HPT? Are they the same? When putting snow leopard in i get an errorn EBIOS read error:Error 0xbb
Block 0x0 Sectors 0

I dont know what to do :((

From what i read do i need to patch my motherboard? or do i update it to the latest bios? Im confused help me :((

Im in the installation now, i am quite confused in the BIOS, since i dont have the old bios i dont know where to look, ive thinkered around abit, set SATA to AHCI, adjusted the BLCK/PCI? to 100 Didnt found HPET but HPT? Are they the same? When putting snow leopard in i get an errorn EBIOS read error:Error 0xbb
Block 0x0 Sectors 0

I dont know what to do :((

From what i read do i need to patch my motherboard? or do i update it to the latest bios? Im confused help me :((

See if this helps: http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=2067

I would also search the forum for installation notes for your motherboard.

So ive watched your videos, matched my settings with yours, but i still dont know what im doing wrong.
Here is my bios set up:

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

Then after inserting my Snow Leopard it goes to this:

IMG_0481.jpg

Set High Precision Event Timer (HPET) to 'Enabled'.

Connect the hard drive you want to install to on SATA port 0 and disconnect any other hard drives.

Try booting with -v PCIRootUID=1.

Bad luck, my drives cannot be detected after moving it to another SATA port, tried all the combinations but no luck, even without my hdd i tried to install but even enabling HPT no luck still cant boot into Snow Leopard :(

It looks like you had the HDD and DVD drive connected properly, according to your BIOS. If your HDD is blank then you should only see your DVD drive as a bootable drive in Chimera. Make sure you don't have any USB drives, etc. plugged in. Are you hitting F5 to refresh the list of bootable drives after you insert your install DVD?

Yes im hiting f5 and the only thing that remains is the iboot. Sitll cant get through snow leopard :/ im losing hope and now my mobo cant detect any hdd, tries all sata ports all combinations and cleared my CMOS but still now luck, gonna get it repaired will my warranty work?

HDD is now up and running, tried again but still no luck. Maybe its my Snow Leopard? Its in 10.6.3? or my Bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back