Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 AORUS ELITE
CPU
Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz
Graphics
SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 580
Hello,
I am new to building hackintoshes (and computers in general) and have run into a problem I have not been able to find on these forums or anywhere on google. I have successfully installed Mojave on my hackintosh, but it thinks that it is a Macbook Pro. The profile is set to iMac19,1 so I don't know why it is doing this. I have completely started from scratch on the bootable USB and reinstalled a bunch of times, but it just keeps ending up thinking it is a laptop.

Motherboard: Z390 AORUS ELITE
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz
Graphics: SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 580

I followed the directions at this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...390-thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/

I also added: SSDT-EC.aml to the patches & EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to the drivers because it was getting stuck.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello,
I am new to building hackintoshes (and computers in general) and have run into a problem I have not been able to find on these forums or anywhere on google. I have successfully installed Mojave on my hackintosh, but it thinks that it is a Macbook Pro. The profile is set to iMac19,1 so I don't know why it is doing this. I have completely started from scratch on the bootable USB and reinstalled a bunch of times, but it just keeps ending up thinking it is a laptop.

Motherboard: Z390 AORUS ELITE
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz
Graphics: SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 580

I followed the directions at this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...390-thunderbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/

I also added: SSDT-EC.aml to the patches & EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to the drivers because it was getting stuck.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Copy your EFI to the desktop open it and remove serials, UUIDs etc. close folder then right click on it and select compress and attach it.

The EFI folder is attached. Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 37
The EFI folder is attached. Thanks!
Try removing this sample config.plist

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 2.57.31 AM.png

Try removing this sample config.plist

I tried your suggestion and, unfortunately, it still thinks it is a laptop. I also tried removing the sample config.plist in the next folder down in case that made a difference, but still didn't work.

I tried your suggestion and, unfortunately, it still thinks it is a laptop. I also tried removing the sample config.plist in the next folder down in case that made a difference, but still didn't work.
Do you have a EFI backup folder on your main partition?

Applications
EFI backup?
Library
Extensions
Users

Try removing that if there.
If you or when you run or install a new version of clover and choose RC scripts it will deposit your old EFI folder there. It creates a new one but will leave the old one on your main partition. These can sometimes conflict with any changes you make to a new clover version.

Do you have a EFI backup folder on your main partition?

Applications
EFI backup?
Library
Extensions
Users

Try removing that if there.

That alone did not fix it, but I erased both hard drives and that did the trick. Thanks so much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back