Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Support for 10th Gen intel Laptops (i5-10210u)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Lenovo c740 with i7 10510u and no luck with any clover I tried. the most promising IdeaPad-S540 clover didn't went far enough. The installation process stops at 14 minutes and alerts that Catalina cannot be installed to this computer.
If it's installation that stalls, has anyone tried installing onto an external drive with a known working Hackintosh, then try booting the external drive on the 10th gen machine?

Is there any progress with i7-10710u?
Installed Clover but not able to boot Catalina USB. Stuck from the very beginning.

I'm bummed because I have a really nice HP Spectre with AMOLED display and even though folks got the i7-10510U working- it's not possible currently on this model (even though someone got the HP Envy with the same processor working). Waiting patiently until this is sorted...

@TheWiggler I have the 2019 13" HP Spectre x360 with 4k AMOLED and i7-1065G7, hoping for some breakthroughs on getting clover to boot.
I tried to create a custom BIOS and so far it's been impossible to deconstruct with these new HPs. What's especially frustrating is HP is now pushing BIOS updates via Windows Update. I suggest adding password protection on your BIOS to hopefully stop this automatic push from happening. For my HP Spectre x360 4k 15" AMOLED i7-10510U the BIOS on the HP website is version F.03, but via HP Support Assistant and/or Windows Update they had versions F.09 and the most current F.11. I even downloaded the BIOS from Microsoft and I was able to get further, but still unable to deconstruct it (and ultimately unlock it). The user with the HP Envy and the same processor as me didn't have to create a custom BIOS, so nothing for me to do but wait for more support from the community. Looking forward to a solution!

Hi, what about the i5-10210u? Has anyone successfully installed on it?
Yes, read the last 15 pages of laptop compability thread.

Macrumors had an article on possible upcoming Macbook Pro refresh with Ice Lake chips.

Over the weekend, a Twitter leaker shared a 3D Mark Time Spy benchmark of a machine said to be an upcoming 13-inch ‌MacBook Pro‌ equipped with Intel's 10th-generation i7-1068NG7 Ice Lake 2.3GHz chip with 4.1GHz turbo boost capabilities (via Wccftech).

Hello
Anybody knows about any tutorial how to patch i5-10210u
There's no patch right now, it either works with a fake cpuid or it doesn't. This could change when apple officially releases 10.15.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back