Contribute
Register

Hackintosh suddenly won't turn on. Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Dan, I'm having the same problem and will try tonight to remove the battery. Hopefully this will solve the problem.
Did you finally manage to resolve this issue? I'm running ML 1.8.2
Thanks.

I am also having this exact same problem. On ML, it wouldn't give display after sleeping so I turned it off and then it wouldn't turn back on. I'm working with the same motherboard so ill give the battery removal a shot.

Fixed it! Awesome! I'm taking steps to avoid it happening again but at least now I can fix it!

Hi guys! Yesterday I've made my first build and it's been working flawlessly all day long - no problems with graphics, sleep/wake etc. But today the same thing as You describe happened to me - my computer won't boot up.. It powers on for 2-3 sec anf shuts down immediately. After that power button doesn't work. Taking off the battery and reseting BIOS did the trick but I don't want to do this every time I shut down my hackintosh and try to power it on...

my motherboard is Gigabyte Ga-z77-ds3h which is supposed to work natively with power management like Mac.. And my hack is registred as 12.2 iMac. System - ML 10.8.2.

Have You found out what was causing this problem?

Same problem on my GA-Z77-DS3H, would not power up after having run fine for months...Helen Keller mode (no lights, no sounds). Removing and replacing the CMOS battery fixed the problem.

My wife came up with the root cause. I just set up a shiny Haswell 27" iMac (a real one!) and used the Migration Assistant to move my home directory over from the hackintosh to the iMac. The hack failed almost immediately afterward. My wife said that the iMac saw that it was talking to a hackintosh and sent an evil message down the ethernet cable to it that scrambled its brains.

I feel guilty for having an actual Mac on my desk now, but there are still a couple of hackintoshes in the house. I just need to not let them in the same room together.

Perry

was your problem fixed?, I ended up using "freezefix" to prevent my 560ti from sleeping, that seemed to stop the sleep deaths.

ah thank you Puris!

i have a Gigabyte™ motherboard. Recently i've been playing around with voodoo kexts, trying to get rid of sound inteference from the computer on my speakers. The computer went to sleep when i left it idle for a while. i tried to wake it up but literally nothing happened. So i switched it off. It would not switch back on. The power light on the motherboard was off.

Finaly found this thread after looads of googling, and indeed, simply removing the battery from the motherboard and putting it back again solved the problem. Mine was hidden behind the graphics card.

:headbang:

i have this motherboard Z77-DS3H rev 1.1 my friend also had this board he had this problem with his motherboard it turned out to be a fan that was stuck and knocking the PSU out check your fans and motherboard stand offs also cabling it could be a short or a fan thats causing the problem how i found out it was the Fan was i unplugged all the fans also took out Graphics card and WIFI card and it was the fan try and troubleshoot as much as you can

I'm having the same issues, but with latest Sierra install. I've tried replacing the MB battery and clearing the CMOS but without success. I've also tried disconnecting the SATA devices and removed two sticks of RAM. The led lights on the case light up abs the gpu tries to spin but stops almost immediately. The build is only days old so this is a major setback.

I'd rather not start replacing mb or psu unless I really have to so keen to get any tips.

The computer was working flawlessly until now.

I'm having the same issues, but with latest Sierra install. I've tried replacing the MB battery and clearing the CMOS but without success. I've also tried disconnecting the SATA devices and removed two sticks of RAM. The led lights on the case light up abs the gpu tries to spin but stops almost immediately. The build is only days old so this is a major setback.

I'd rather not start replacing mb or psu unless I really have to so keen to get any tips.

The computer was working flawlessly until now.

That's a hardware issue, has nothing to do with MacOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back