Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Suddenly booting to grey Login screen without any Users to login to! Pictures Included!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hackintosh Suddenly booting to grey Login screen without any Users to login to! Pictures Included! PayPal Donation if fixed

Hi guys,

Got a bit of a weird problem here.

Was trying to fix my imessage problems as it wouldn't let me login, I followed some steps where it told me to run EFI studio and copy my hex code of my ethernet driver to the com.apple plist and I also copied the hex code of the ethernet driver to the chameleon.boot plist file in the extra folder.

Now, since I've rebooted, when it comes to the login screen where I have 2 different users for my Hackintosh, it just displays the grey background without any users (have a look at the picture for what I mean)

I've tried some boot flags but it still comes to the same grey login screen without any users to login to.

Please help as I need my Hackintosh back up and running ASAP for work. I can donate through PayPal as I'm losing money if I don't get this up and running

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2295.jpg
    IMG_2295.jpg
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 1,415
Hi guys,

Got a bit of a weird problem here.

Was trying to fix my imessage problems as it wouldn't let me login, I followed some steps where it told me to run EFI studio and copy my hex code of my ethernet driver to the com.apple plist and I also copied the hex code of the ethernet driver to the chameleon.boot plist file in the extra folder.

Now, since I've rebooted, when it comes to the login screen where I have 2 different users for my Hackintosh, it just displays the grey background without any users (have a look at the picture for what I mean)

I've tried some boot flags but it still comes to the same grey login screen without any users to login to.

Please help as I need my Hackintosh back up and running ASAP for work. I can donate through PayPal as I'm losing money if I don't get this up and running

Thanks!

Maybe undo what you did to make it have this issue? If you have your Unibeast USB flash drive, you can boot to it, then use Terminal from the Utilities menu to modify whatever files you need to on your actual OS X partition on HDD...

I had the very same problem with my EVGA GeForce 660 TI SC 3GB. I got it resolved using GraphicsEnabler=No at the boot. Try that, if it works and you are able to login then use MultiBeast and check the GraphicsEnabler=No in Boot Options so, you don't always have to type the argument at boot time. Please confirm if it works

In case someone else stumbles across this again- the same issue occurred whilst testing an old 9800GT, the grey screen came up at boot up and the only way it'd boot properly to login- without displaying this strange grey was to use '-x'.
Then, I figured as the grey screen was so similar to the normal login screen, it couldn't hurt to enter the passcode blind. The screen went into OSX- but no dock or menu bar appeared. Much like it would if using multiple displays.
Suspecting this, I took out the DVI cable from the back, and moved it to the adjacent port. Both Dock and Menu bar appeared, and surprisingly when checking in System Report, it showed two displays.
A reboot later, and this disappeared also.

Hope this helps someone, had me puzzling over it for a couple of days!

Thanks Syson.
Works for me (and I was a bit stuck)

I will check on multibeast for next boot.

( Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H / i7-3770 / NVIDIA Geforce GTX670 by evga)

In case someone else stumbles across this again- the same issue occurred whilst testing an old 9800GT, the grey screen came up at boot up and the only way it'd boot properly to login- without displaying this strange grey was to use '-x'.
Then, I figured as the grey screen was so similar to the normal login screen, it couldn't hurt to enter the passcode blind. The screen went into OSX- but no dock or menu bar appeared. Much like it would if using multiple displays.
Suspecting this, I took out the DVI cable from the back, and moved it to the adjacent port. Both Dock and Menu bar appeared, and surprisingly when checking in System Report, it showed two displays.
A reboot later, and this disappeared also.

Hope this helps someone, had me puzzling over it for a couple of days!

The same thing here, I am facing the exact same issue, I figured it out accidentally, that the system does start with multiple display, the gray one is the second one (most likely on DVI). OSX (from ver. 10.9.3) does start up the GUI on the HDMI inteface as a main screen, even if no HDMI cable is plugged in, or connected to the HDMI monitor -at least, this was my initial thought... then-. The strange thing was, that plugging in the HDMI to the one (a singel one) monitor, results almost the same... the main screen is moved somewhere else, so the HDMI connected monitor switches off... I was surprised to see, that the HDMI monitor will not switch off before starting the GUI if I had a second (DVI) monitor connected... then somehow initialized the HDMI monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back