Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 780 Ti
I'm using Mojave 10.14.6 on my ga-z87m-d3h / i7 4790k hackintosh and it worked correctly up until recenently. Now everytime I start up the machine, it gets stuck at the BIOS screen and no matter what I press, it does nothing. However, once I abruptly unplug the powercord, while the BIOS screen is still on, and replug it once again it proceeds to the clover bootloader as usual.

Is this a BIOS problem or maybe suboptimal clover bootloader options?

I'm using Mojave 10.14.6 on my ga-z87m-d3h / i7 4790k hackintosh and it worked correctly up until recenently. Now everytime I start up the machine, it gets stuck at the BIOS screen and no matter what I press, it does nothing. However, once I abruptly unplug the powercord, while the BIOS screen is still on, and replug it once again it proceeds to the clover bootloader as usual.

Is this a BIOS problem or maybe suboptimal clover bootloader options?
I have had same issue at times in the past With similar board. Solution was to disconnect everything from your board, all hard drives, network card, usb devices (except mouse and keyboard). Leave only one stick of RAM in. Reset your BIOS by taking the battery out and short the reset pins on the board while holding the power button down on your case for 30 seconds.

After restart your machine should immediately restart and give you the “load optimised defaults screen”. Set up your BIOS again with the settings you need, then switch off, reattach your hard drive and RAM and you should be up and running

note, I found that removing my discrete GPU and connecting monitor to the onboard GPU made life easier after the reset.

if you don’t know your recommended BIOS settings for after the reset you can find HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back