Graphics
EVGA GTX 650 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello and just want to say thank everyone in the tonymacx86 community!:D I am pretty new at Hackintosh and only just heard about it two months ago. So forgive me if I sound like a noob at times.

So far, the Hackintosh is working great! It is fast and did not have any problems but only when I am into the desktop. The first issue that I had was it sometimes freezes during boot up or at the login screen. I had to restart the computer a couple of times until I am able to use the desktop. Once I am in, it never freeze (even during rendering in Premier Pro) and everything seems to work. I fix that issue by using Chameleon Wizard by adding -v so it will boot every time with that flag. So far, it does not freeze just during the boot up but I just have a nagging feeling that it is not suppose to boot with flag at all.

However, like I said it still freezes during shutdown because when I am using three monitors, my third one freezes on the desktop while closing and the other two is black screen. :crazy: The fans and computer are still on. I do have a feeling that the method (the drivers) on how I install the Mac OS X is what causing me the problems.

Here are the list of parts I used on my build:
  • SAMSUNG E 120GB
  • GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H ATX LGA 1150
  • ASUS ASUS 24XSATA DVD BURN (it sucks, makes too much noise when in use)
  • INTEL BOX INTEL CORE I7-4790K
  • 4x CRUCIAL 16GB D3 1600 DIMM C9 (32GB in total)
  • CORSAIR RM650 FM 80+G ATX PSU
  • EVGA **GTX650 1GB D5 PCIE DDMH
  • SEAGATE 1TB 3.5" SATA 7200RPM HDD

Here is the method I used (except Generate CPU States because it will not let me boot at all and change it to Mac Pro 6,1):
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-guides/133006-success-gigabyte-ga-z97x-ud5h-i7-4770k-gtx-650-build.html

If you have any other questions or any suggestions for a fix, it will be very appreciated!
Thank you!

try updating your video driver. log in using GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1 then got to nvidia web site and download your drivers that should stop the freezing upon login. The other should be your system definitions if I'm not mistaken, mac pro 3.1 allows for multiple monitors.

P.s. use one monitor till you have it stable, then add the next make sure its stable and then add your third.

The first issue that I had was it sometimes freezes during boot up or at the login screen. I had to restart the computer a couple of times until I am able to use the desktop. Once I am in, it never freeze (even during rendering in Premier Pro) and everything seems to work. I fix that issue by using Chameleon Wizard by adding -v so it will boot every time with that flag. So far, it does not freeze just during the boot up but I just have a nagging feeling that it is not suppose to boot with flag at all.

-v will not resolve any issues. it is only for verbose mode booting.

However, like I said it still freezes during shutdown because when I am using three monitors, my third one freezes on the desktop while closing and the other two is black screen. :crazy: The fans and computer are still on. I do have a feeling that the method (the drivers) on how I install the Mac OS X is what causing me the problems.

Are you running with NVIDIA Web Driver??
Which version of OS X you are running now??

Set XMP Profile as Profile 1 on BIOS.
Set Memory Mode as More Stability on BIOS.

Boot with -f and check whether the freeze happening or not.

Here are the list of parts I used on my build:
  • SAMSUNG E 120GB
  • GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H ATX LGA 1150
  • ASUS ASUS 24XSATA DVD BURN (it sucks, makes too much noise when in use)
  • INTEL BOX INTEL CORE I7-4790K
  • 4x CRUCIAL 16GB D3 1600 DIMM C9 (32GB in total)
  • CORSAIR RM650 FM 80+G ATX PSU
  • EVGA **GTX650 1GB D5 PCIE DDMH
  • SEAGATE 1TB 3.5" SATA 7200RPM HDD

Update your build's hardware details under Profile > Basic Information section in the below format (Profile link is available on the upper right side of this website), So that we can avoid scroll back to your fist post for identifying the hardware details.

System : Motherboard + BIOS Version + Bootloader (Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-Z97X-UD5H (F9F) (CLOVER)
CPU : Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics : Intel HD 4600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

Here is the method I used (except Generate CPU States because it will not let me boot at all and change it to Mac Pro 6,1):
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-guides/133006-success-gigabyte-ga-z97x-ud5h-i7-4770k-gtx-650-build.html

If you have any other questions or any suggestions for a fix, it will be very appreciated!

Is the Mac Pro 6,1 is appropriate for your configuration ??

Check and find the right one from here : http://www.everymac.com

Thank you for your help and sorry it took me a while to respond.

try updating your video driver.
Sorry I did not mention this but I already did update the video driver. I update NVIDIA Web Driver from Nvidia website called "QUADRO & GEFORCE MAC OS X DRIVER."
The other should be your system definitions if I'm not mistaken, mac pro 3.1 allows for multiple monitors.
I apply it and it works. I do not have to use boot -v anymore. Been using it without freezing for the past three days:D. However, I am still not able to shutdown completely.
P.s. use one monitor till you have it stable, then add the next make sure its stable and then add your third.
Thanks for the tip. So far, I am able to use two screens and it is been stable. I have not use three screens yet.
Are you running with NVIDIA Web Driver??
Yes, I download it from the NVIDIA website called "QUADRO & GEFORCE MAC OS X DRIVER."
Which version of OS X you are running now??
I am on Yosemite version 10.10.3.
Set XMP Profile as Profile 1 on BIOS.
Set Memory Mode as More Stability on BIOS.
Again, sorry I have not mention this. I already had it set XMP on profile 1 and memory enhancement settings on enhanced stability.
Boot with -f and check whether the freeze happening or not.
I used it with -f when I change mac pro 3.1 and it freeze after 2-4mins on desktop a couple of times and once when loading the OS gave me a panic cpu 4 caller. However, when I am able to use the desktop I am able to shutdown/restart with no freezes! Very close!
Is the Mac Pro 6,1 is appropriate for your configuration ??

Check and find the right one from here : http://www.everymac.com
I check out and I think the closest configuration I found was Apple iMac "Core i7" 4.0 27-Inch Specs (Mac 15,1) bacause of the procceser but all I got was black screen (no image). I am just going to stick with mac pro 3.1 because it fix the freeze on bootup. If I am missing something, please let me know what should I look out for.

So far after using Mac Pro 3.1 I have not got any freezes at bootup and do not have to use -v anymore. However, I am still getting freezes during shutdown/restart. The -f had been working with no freezes during shutdown but then sometimes freezes after 2-4mins on desktop. So I decided to avoid using -f. I have been doing research on this problem but had no luck. We are very close! Any other suggestions on a fix or any other questions, please let me know.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back