Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Sierra GTX-660

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have the evga superclocked version of this card, i am going to be attempting to get sierra running tomorrow, by smbios 14,2 do you mean imac 14,2?

please clarify as i was unable to get this card to work at all last time i tried.

also was wondering if anything newer like the imac 14,4 would also carry native support.

i have the evga superclocked version of this card, i am going to be attempting to get sierra running tomorrow, by smbios 14,2 do you mean imac 14,2?

please clarify as i was unable to get this card to work at all last time i tried.

also was wondering if anything newer like the imac 14,4 would also carry native support.

yes smbios 14.2 or imac 14.2 is the same (system definition)
I use a GTX 660 (but from MSI), natively supported under Sierra with SMBIOS 14.2 (so no NVIDIA driver required). Do not use anything but this SMBIOS for the moment.

If you are using a P55 board, then you may find that a different system definition is more suitable for your hardware. A number of folk with Z68 Sandybridge boards and matching CPU models have also found issues with iMac 14,2
Try 14,2 first and see what results that you get.

yes smbios 14.2 or imac 14.2 is the same (system definition)
I use a GTX 660 (but from MSI), natively supported under Sierra with SMBIOS 14.2 (so no NVIDIA driver required). Do not use anything but this SMBIOS for the moment.

Awesome thanks guys, I got this board thinking it had UEFI, but I derped.

If 14,2 has issues what should I try next the GTX 680 web drivers and what smbios?

Also, USB 3 working?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back