i3-4160
Graphics
GTX-660
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys,

I installed Sierra yesterday and this is the first time I'm running a hackintosh. I wanted to play league of legends on this build (the only game I play) but I got 30FPS in game and when I lower the settings nothing changes in the fps (about 10FPS gain when it's on the lowest settings) Well my question is is this normal, or do I still need to install something?

Specs:
CPU: i3-4160
RAM: 8gb-1333mhz
GPU: MSI gaming GTX-660
Mobo: Gigabyte G1 Sniper M5

EDIT: I have installed Nvidia's web drivers.

[Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place]

Hello guys,

I installed Sierra yesterday and this is the first time I'm running a hackintosh. I wanted to play league of legends on this build (the only game I play) but I got 30FPS in game and when I lower the settings nothing changes in the fps (about 10FPS gain when it's on the lowest settings) Well my question is is this normal, or do I still need to install something?

Specs:
CPU: i3-4160
RAM: 8gb-1333mhz
GPU: MSI gaming GTX-660
Mobo: Gigabyte G1 Sniper M5

EDIT: I have installed Nvidia's web drivers.

[Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place]

You don't need web drivers for GTX660. GTX 660 support natively with SMBIOS 14,2. I don't have any experience with games.

thank you for your reply, I just deleted the web driver, I still get 32FPS in cinebencz (other people get 44) I downloaded an app to see my CPU and GPU usage and only the GPU was on 100%, so it is quite strange...

Cinebench is completely CPU bound, it's not reliable at all as GPU benchmarks. You're most likely held back by your slow CPU.

Well I used a usage monitor while running cinebench and it showed that my cpu wasn't using 100% and my GPU was using 100% :(

EDIT: I see you have a r9 280, do you know if you can play league of legends on your pc with that GPU ?

I would try repairing corrupt game files:
https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en...ow-Frame-Rate-FPS-Troubleshooting#section-mac

I would expect a modern i3 3.6GHz processor with a GTX 660 to be giving you no problems in a game like League of Legends. There can be problems with some ports of games and a recent patch (7,1? in January) gave many people problems - check the games forum if you haven't already.
Might give this a try when LoL isn't working after the re-install I'll keep you guys updated (prob in 10 mins)
Cinebench won't fully utilize your CPU but just use a single thread.

I don't play LoL, so I don't know, sorry. Don't have macOS on that system at the moment anyway, since my SSD has failed recently. :(

Well just re-installaed Sierra and got 45FPS in cinebench, now downloading league of legends and hope for the best

EDIT: Just started a custom game and got 77-100 FPS, but with some screen stutter, can be from League.

Last edited:
Stutter can come from the CPUs first core maxing out (hitting the rev limiter on a car/bike engine can have a similar appearance) Try using Intel Power gadget to check what the CPU is doing - if t is hitting 3,6 GHz then this may be seen in stuttering effects on screen. it could be something else but check the CPU first.

Stutter can come from the CPUs first core maxing out (hitting the rev limiter on a car/bike engine can have a similar appearance) Try using Intel Power gadget to check what the CPU is doing - if t is hitting 3,6 GHz then this may be seen in stuttering effects on screen. it could be something else but check the CPU first.
Mhhh, I just played with another champ and had no stutter kinda strange, but intel power manager showed 100% CPU usage when I open the league client and goes down when I close it. So that might explain the still somewhat low fps on medium setting, going to look in cpu power management topics, or will buy another CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back