GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone,

Soory for my bad english skills, but it´s not my native language.
A few weeks ago, i installed OS X 10.10 on my new Hackintosh.
The Bootloader i used is CLOVER (i don´t know what to check there for my hardware...)
I also installed Adobe After Effects CC 2014.
My problem is:
Every time i try to use the 3D-Camera Tracker, the Hackintosh is shutting down.
I think, it´s the CPU, which is too heat...
The CPU Cooler (BeQuiet ShadowRock 2) doesn´t beginn to rotate harder.

In Windows 8.1 with After Effects, there is no Problem...

Could anybody help me, because i don´t know what´s the solution and i also don´t have any experiences with CLOVER and don´t know what i have to check?? :?:

___________________________________________________________________________________
My Hardware:
-Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
-i7 4790K
-BeQuiet ShadowRock 2
-32GB Ram HyperX Savage
-GTX 970
-2x 850 Evo 120GB
-Corsair RM650 silence

Hey everyone,

Soory for my bad english skills, but it´s not my native language.
A few weeks ago, i installed OS X 10.10 on my new Hackintosh.
The Bootloader i used is CLOVER (i don´t know what to check there for my hardware...)
I also installed Adobe After Effects CC 2014.
My problem is:
Every time i try to use the 3D-Camera Tracker, the Hackintosh is shutting down.
I think, it´s the CPU, which is too heat...
The CPU Cooler (BeQuiet ShadowRock 2) doesn´t beginn to rotate harder.

In Windows 8.1 with After Effects, there is no Problem...

Could anybody help me, because i don´t know what´s the solution and i also don´t have any experiences with CLOVER and don´t know what i have to check?? :?:

___________________________________________________________________________________
My Hardware:
-Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
-i7 4790K
-BeQuiet ShadowRock 2
-32GB Ram HyperX Savage
-GTX 970
-2x 850 Evo 120GB
-Corsair RM650 silence
First thing to do is remove the CPU cooler and examine the thermal paste distribution. Did you get enough and is it spread correctly.
Second thing to do is to clean the top of the cpu and the cpu cooler mating surface of old paste and re-apply new, then reseat the cooler, making sure it is seated properly and making good contact.
Re-install the cpu cooler fan and connect it to the mainboard CPU fan 4-pin PWM connector.

Boot and test again.

Hi Going Bald,

I removed the CPU, cleaned it and installed the Cooler again, but i get the same result.:beachball:
Are there any more options to do?
Could it be a software problem, because last i checked the hardware was fine and under windows the Cooler works perfectly!

I hope that someone can help me with that.
ApfelBeat

Hi Going Bald,

I removed the CPU, cleaned it and installed the Cooler again, but i get the same result.:beachball:
Could it be a software problem, because last i checked the hardware was fine and under windows the Cooler works perfectly!

ApfelBeat

Well you will need to help your self on this one. If not already installed, install the Hardware Monitor app, see MultiBeast > Drivers > Misc and select FakeSMC vn.n.nnn, FakeSMC vn.n.nnnn Plugins, and FakeSMC vn.n.nnn HWMonitor Application. Reboot and select HWMonitor from the Applications folder. Play with it until you see how it works.

Run your system and see what is happening with the temps and the CPU frequencies as you change the load. Tell us what you see happening. And take some screen shots showing idle and under load (post these).

Good modding,
neil

Hi Going Bald,

ApfelBeat

Test your system with Windows or Linux to be certain that it just isn't because of improperly or unimplemented power management on OS X.

Also, make sure you installed the thermal material as per the recommendations of the manufacturer.

Hi everybody,

Sorry, but it isn´t the CPU-Cooler.
It tested the Temps and they are 70 degrees Celsius at maximum.

What is the Problem that After Effects brings my Hackintosh to down?

ApfelBeat

You might want to check your BIOS settings for overtemp. Most modern motherboards provide an option for shutdown based on over heating. As an example, I have mine set for 90C. So while running after effects, what is your temp??

Hi everybody,

Sorry, but it isn´t the CPU-Cooler.
It tested the Temps and they are 70 degrees Celsius at maximum.

What is the Problem that After Effects brings my Hackintosh to down?

ApfelBeat

Did you implement native power management? It could help, although your system should be able to run full throttle without crashing (points to a problem with the cooling system).

Test your system on Windows with Prime95 torture test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back