2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

I'm an original Mac user since 2007 and new to the Hackintosh scene.

I've just purchased a pre-existing build (Intel Core i3-3225, Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H) and want to upgrade the integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 GPU (Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost). As I tried to set up Mac OS X El Capitan using tonymacx86's guide I managed to get through to step 2 (Create a Bootable USB-Drive with UniBeast).

I installed an old WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD from a Mac Pro to the mainboard using the S-ATA cable from the PSU and the SATA adapter to connect to the mainboard (using SLOT 0).

Now I've tried to boot my system several times but it shuts down after approx. 2 seconds and turns on again - repeating this procedure all over again. So I disconnected the graphic card from the motherboard, but it seems to make no use. It's running in circles.

I hope I described this issue clear enough to have it solved via long-distance analysis.

Thanks for your help!

Best,

L.C.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 257
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 250
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 248
I took out all the RAM from the mainboard and put it back: sometimes it's just as easy as this.

I'm now running Mac OS X El Capitan for three days without a problem, except for that 'no sound after sleep' phenomenon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back