Motherboard
Asus ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI CODE
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Hello! I'm going to build Hackintosh Pro but i don't know if i choose proper hardware.

I want to format SSD M.2 disk for two partition and would to choose what should i start: windows10 or Hackintosh Mojave. Is it possible?

Here is hardware which i choose:
  1. Intel Core i9-9900K Octa Core, 5.0GHz
  2. Asus ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI CODE
  3. Fractal Design Obudowa Define R6 USB-C TG
  4. Nzxt Kraken X72
  5. Ballistix Ballistix Sport LT 32
  6. SSD Samsung 970 PRO 512GB
  7. EVGA SuperNOVA T2 850W

And i also have MSI GeForce GTX 970 GAMING 4GB DDR5, but i think that it will be a problem.. ? Am i right? Should i change it for different card which Mojave support?

I won't install any kexts.

Please help! :)

Hello! I'm going to build Hackintosh Pro but i don't know if i choose proper hardware.

I want to format SSD M.2 disk for two partition and would to choose what should i start: windows10 or Hackintosh Mojave. Is it possible?

Here is hardware which i choose:
  1. Intel Core i9-9900K Octa Core, 5.0GHz
  2. Asus ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI CODE
  3. Fractal Design Obudowa Define R6 USB-C TG
  4. Nzxt Kraken X72
  5. Ballistix Ballistix Sport LT 32
  6. SSD Samsung 970 PRO 512GB
  7. EVGA SuperNOVA T2 850W
And i also have MSI GeForce GTX 970 GAMING 4GB DDR5, but i think that it will be a problem.. ? Am i right? Should I change it for different card which Mojave support?

I won't install any kexts.

Please help! :)

The GTX 970 is not supported in Mojave at this time due to the lack of Nvidia web drivers for Mojave. If you want to run Mojave now you should change to an AMD RX 560 / 570 / 580 or Vega 56 card. These cards are natively supported in Mojave (except XFX RX 560 which has an incompatible BIOS).

Also the general recommendation here for dual boot systems is to install Windows 10 and MacOS on separate disks so I would recommend you get a second disk to install MacOS on.

The GTX 970 is not supported in Mojave at this time due to the lack of Nvidia web drivers for Mojave. If you want to run Mojave now you should change to an AMD RX 560 / 570 / 580 or Vega 56 card. These cards are natively supported in Mojave (except XFX RX 560 which has an incompatible BIOS).

Also the general recommendation here for dual boot systems is to install Windows 10 and MacOS on separate disks so I would recommend you get a second disk to install MacOS on.

OK, thank you, but if i install High Sierra it'll be good ?

One more thing. Is water cooling works correctly with Hackintosh? Someone told me that it doesn't.

OK, thank you, but if i install High Sierra it'll be good ?

One more thing. Is water cooling works correctly with Hackintosh? Someone told me that it doesn't.

Yes, you can use the GTX 970 with High Sierra since Nvidia web drivers are available.

Don't use water cooling myself but I am aware that utilities developed for use with specific water coolers are Windows only so don't expect them to work with MacOS, meaning you may not be able to adjust settings like fan speeds.

Not absolutely true about water cooling. I build several Hackintosh and I always custom water cool my CPU and GPU. You can control fan speeds thru motherboard bios on new generations of motherboard. Using an Aquacomputer Aquaero works independently from your motherboard to control fan speeds. OSX runs hotter on CPU and GPU than Windows so watercooling works wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back