Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 (2way sli)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hackintosh or the 2010 Mac pro

I have been looking and I don't know what to buy i have the choice between a 2010 12 core Mac pro with 96gb of ram and a gtx 980ti or titan x or a z97 core i7 hackintosh with 16gb and dual 980's both will cost around the same price but I don't know what would be better for me.

I am a young video producer and I do a lot of photography at the moment I usually work with files 1080p to 2.5k but I would like to move to 4k

This may also be bootcamped/dualbooted with windows 8.1/10 as in my spare time I do some light PC gaming

Please tell me what you think I should buy and what would be better for me

I have been looking and I don't know what to buy i have the choice between a 2010 12 core Mac pro with 96gb of ram and a gtx 980ti or titan x or a z97 core i7 hackintosh with 16gb and dual 980's both will cost around the same price but I don't know what would be better for me.

I am a young video producer and I do a lot of photography at the moment I usually work with files 1080p to 2.5k but I would like to move to 4k

This may also be bootcamped/dualbooted with windows 8.1/10 as in my spare time I do some light PC gaming

Please tell me what you think I should buy and what would be better for me

If you have never built a PC-Mac before and if you are going to depend on this for making $$$, go with the 2010 Mac Pro for right now. It will be better for your needs.
Then do some research and maybe when you get a little ahead in the finances look at building a PC-Mac for fun and games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back