Graphics
onboard intel
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is a question I have wanted to ask for a while. On both of my Hackintosh machines, they both will go into sleep mode perfectly when I use the Apple Menu and select Sleep.

However, using the keyboard shortcut "option command eject" usually does not work. They will act like they are going to sleep, but then come back on.

Just a little irritating that I can't figure it out.

Any ideas?

updated profile to include HW

MacMan said:
What brand DVD drive are you using? Anything other than a Sony or Pioneer drive can prevent sleep.

I've noted sleep problems as well.

That is bizarre how, on a Hackintosh, some optical drive brands wreak havoc. I've non-Sony and non-Pioneer drives in my Mac Pro (2009) and have no sleep problems.

But it makes sense, especially with EFI and custom branding of relevant chips...

It's not just the Hackintosh. I've dealt with several iMacs that do the same thing. Both were intel machines built around 2009. Both running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. Maybe its an OSX problem. :think:

Is there anyway around this? Any way to keep optical drive dormant?

Thanks!

I am having this same exact problem. When I first boot the OS the KB shortcut works fine. However, when I wake the computer and until I reboot, the shortcut no longer works and I have to use the Apple menu sleep option. The shortcuts for restart and shutdown also do not work.

My Hack is now the most stable it's ever been, running OS 10.10.4. I have disabled energy saving and just put the computer to sleep manually as I used to get lots of wake freezing. Could this be related?

Please someone help?

Could this be related to BIOS settings, e.g. XHCI Smart Auto, etc? Can't remember what it's on now, but I'll check tomorrow.

Another problem I'm having is that it takes a long time for my keyboard to start working after waking. Consequently, the BT adapter, which is plugged into it, is also slow to start and I can't use my mouse!

Now that I've plugged my keyboard into a USB hub on my monitor, rather than on the extension direct into the Hack's USB 2 slot, my BT won't work after waking sometimes, requiring a reboot. I was hoping to do it this way, because I can't plug USB sticks into the keyboard on the extension, because I think it's too long a cable/not enough volts, or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back