Boot-01.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 308
  • Boot-02.jpg
    Boot-02.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 262
  • Boot-03.jpg
    Boot-03.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 348
What do you mean? I built it manually exactly like it says right in that page?! Not only did I do a manual build, before I did that I tried the download from here https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/acpica/downloads , iasl.zip. Both versions reject the -dl flag.

You're using the wrong version of iasl. The correct version of the tools (iasl/MaciASL) is linked from the guide.

Building the latest iasl from github

You can also build the latest version of my iasl from my github. Assuming you have Xcode installed:
Code (Text):

cd ~/Documents
git clone https://github.com/RehabMan/Intel-iasl.git iasl.git
cd iasl.git
make

At that point, you can install it with:
Code (Text):

sudo make install

And assuming you have MaciASL.app installed to /Applications, you can use the new version (that you just built and installed to /usr/bin) in MaciASL as well:
Code (Text):

sudo cp /usr/bin/iasl /Applications/MaciASL.app/Contents/MacOS/iasl61

What do you mean? I built it manually exactly like it says right in that page?! Not only did I do a manual build, before I did that I tried the download from here https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/acpica/downloads , iasl.zip. Both versions reject the -dl flag.

Building the latest iasl from github

You can also build the latest version of my iasl from my github. Assuming you have Xcode installed:
Code (Text):

cd ~/Documents
git clone https://github.com/RehabMan/Intel-iasl.git iasl.git
cd iasl.git
make

At that point, you can install it with:
Code (Text):

sudo make install

And assuming you have MaciASL.app installed to /Applications, you can use the new version (that you just built and installed to /usr/bin) in MaciASL as well:
Code (Text):

sudo cp /usr/bin/iasl /Applications/MaciASL.app/Contents/MacOS/iasl61

Clearly you have a different iasl that is installed somewhere that is being picked up along your path.

Use Terminal to determine where iasl is coming from:
Code:
which iasl

You can see which version is running
Code:
iasl -v

Should show something close to:
Code:
Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL+ Optimizing Compiler version 20160422-64(RM)
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2016 Intel Corporation

Just a simple matter of paying attention to detail...

The only result returned is
/usr/local/bin/iasl

File is 1.1 Mb and was created today at 6:24 PM. I don't see any other version information I can give you.

Ahhhh.haaa

It is saying /usr/local/bin the version I made was in /usr/bin ... Let me try this again
Okay, that was the problem, I apparently had a copy in usr/local/bin moved the copy I built into there and then was able to successfully process the dsdt and ssdts. Moving on to next step.

The only result returned is
/usr/local/bin/iasl

File is 1.1 Mb and was created today at 6:24 PM. I don't see any other version information I can give you.

Ahhhh.haaa

It is saying /usr/local/bin the version I made was in /usr/bin ... Let me try this again
Okay, that was the problem, I apparently had a copy in usr/local/bin moved the copy I built into there and then was able to successfully process the dsdt and ssdts. Moving on to next step.

Yes... you must have installed a different version at /usr/local/bin previously...
The iasl project makefile 'make install' installs to /usr/bin.

After 6 months ... how does the story end?

@RehabMan,

Very happy with this laptop running 10.12.6 with i7-2760QM (Quad core) and 16 GB ram !

Everything is working. Had to replace the standard wifi card with DW1510. Working !

Audio working !

I need just a nudge in the right direction. I tried to update from 10.12.6 to 10.13 without any success and don't know where to start looking for the root cause.

Had no success with the following methods (trying to update to 10.13):

1. Running the script : /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO

This only reboot the machine without actually installing anything.

From the terminal there is some output, but then the machine reboot. At clover startup screen there is no selection to boot
into the installer and continue the installation.

2. Running macOS High Sierra.app directly but this has the same effect as step 1 above

3. Build an USB installer with clover legacy boot loader. I used the following command witch created the USB installer and then installed latest clover version onto the USB.

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

Running USB installer with verbose mode creates panic at some point, something about macdep error when booting the installer. I don't know how to find the log and or kernel panic to establish the root cause ??

4. Tried building an USB installer with unibeast, but this creates EUFI boot disk and this laptop does not seem to be able to recognized booting EUFI mode even though I did set the bios setting to EUFI.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Attachments

• debug_19987.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 196
  • micheals-MBP.ioreg
    7.8 MB · Views: 212
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back