Contribute
Register

Hackintosh on Dell Latitude E6520 - Legacy boot - CLOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Mobile Intel® QM67 Express Chipset + bootloader(Clover Legacy)
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2620M CPU 2.70GHz dual-core
Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 3000 NVIDIA® NVSTM 4200M Discrete Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello! So I have a Dell Latitude E6520 and I am attempting to load it up Hackintosh style. I am using the CLOVER bootloader. I can get to the boot screen and I can try to boot up Mac OS X El Capitan with verbose boot. After that I see the log printing up, but it just seems to fail after I boot at a bluetooth transport error.

Laptop Specs:
Below I have my USB files and the EFI folder. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• Photo Jul 10, 1 51 54 AM.png
    Photo Jul 10, 1 51 54 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 977
  • EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 881
  • CloverUSB.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 870
Hello! So I have a Dell Latitude E6520 and I am attempting to load it up Hackintosh style. I am using the CLOVER bootloader. I can get to the boot screen and I can try to boot up Mac OS X El Capitan with verbose boot. After that I see the log printing up, but it just seems to fail after I boot at a bluetooth transport error.

Laptop Specs:
Below I have my USB files and the EFI folder. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

My issue was not stated there.

Did you follow the guide as written? It seems unlikely, as your profile is not filled out as requested in the guide and the FAQ.

The image in post #1 indicates a likely USB issue. I don't know why you provided two separate CLOVER setups.

Last edited:
Did you follow the guide as written? It seems unlikely, as your profile is not filled out as requested in the guide and the FAQ.

The image in post #1 indicates a likely USB issue. I don't know why you provided two separate CLOVER setups.
My profile is filled out correctly. You even checked it. I didn't provide two separate CLOVER setups, the EFI folder is the EFI folder. The CLOVERUSB is the overall drive.

My profile is filled out correctly. You even checked it. I didn't provide two separate CLOVER setups, the EFI folder is the EFI folder. The CLOVERUSB is the overall drive.

I don't know what you mean by "overall drive".

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

I don't know what you mean by "overall drive".

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).
Okay. Here.
Photo Jul 10, 1 51 54 AM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 414
Exact same problem on exact same laptop. What seems to be happening is ALL USB ports power down in the middle of the install. Have unsuccessfully tried most of the listed USB solutions. Am convinced this is going to take a DSDT edit but I am still trying to figure that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back