Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone!

This is my first post here, so a moderator thinks that it's convinient in another place, please let me know.

First at all, I have a genuine macbook pro mid 2010 that works fine, but in the early months of use the logicboard was replaced (sept 2010). Everythings has worked fine since then. Except when I upgraded the os x to Yosemity. Since then, the imessage and facetime don't log in. Investigating on internet I discovered that if the serial number in your mac is not a real one the system don't let you log in. So, this it's why I discover that when the tecnician changed the logic board also changed the number too. I have now one that it does not exist.

The problem was not so terrible, I don't use that services in the mac (on the iphone yes), but anyway I wanted to solve it out. So I called Applecare and told them the problem. They said to me that I have to go the technical service that changed the logicboard. This service no longer exists. It was almost 5 years ago since then.

Now with El Capitan the problem is worse than before. I have a supscription to Apple Music and iTunes Match and I cannot log in. The icloud services like notes, calendars, contacts, icloud drive work fine (at the moment) but I am tired of this situation.

Searching on internet I have discovered that on Hackintosh computers you can change your serial number. I have a genuine serial number. I just want to change it the fake one by the real one.

After all of this long history I just wandering if it is possible to install a hackintosh system on my genuine mac so this way I put the real mac serial number and everything works fine again.

Thank you for reading this.

OK my suggestion would be to install unibeast and make a hackintosh installer. From their boot from the flash drive and install mutlibeast. Make sure you install multibeast on the usb before installing mac os. Run multicast select all necessary things that go to your system and it automatically allows iMessage iTunes and find my mac

Just realized this is from 3 years ago
Bad advice too - Running hackintosh tools on a real Mac can brick it.

did really someone tried it and bricked it, or its just your guess.
There are large threads on this topic. Use search.

I don't know why this thread got unburied, but there are now benefits to using opencore on a real Mac. For example, getting a boot screen with non-mac graphics card or booting from an NVMe drive in a Mac Pro. Do not use Clover though.

I don't know why this thread got unburied, but there are now benefits to using opencore on a real Mac. For example, getting a boot screen with non-mac graphics card or booting from an NVMe drive in a Mac Pro. Do not use Clover though.
just wondering if this will be a better option than dosdude1 patch for unsupported mac

just wondering if this will be a better option than dosdude1 patch for unsupported mac

All that patch does is remove the compatibility check from the installer. this isn't what using Opencore as a boot loader will help you with. It's basically just a much better alternative to using ReFind.

hi guys, my first day here. I am using a macbook pro mid 2012 retina 15", for personal reasons I have to stay with the yosemite 10.10.5, I wanna add the nvme driver to the mac, so that my mac would recognize an external thunderbolt 3 ssd.
I knew if I upgrade to 10.13 os, I will be able to using an thunderbolt 3 external ssd, so is there away for me to modify the system to
achieve the goal?

plz let me know, I am pretty new to the hackintosh stuff. But I am a fast learner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back