Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone,

Hardware:
GA-Z77-DS3H
Intel CORE i7-3770k 3.50GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GT640
10.8.5 (ML)

This is a re-post of a previous post that I made, but unfortunately it wasn't resolved, so I thought I'd put it up again updated. The previous post can be found here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/121228-waking-up-problem-10-8-5-a.html

This is my first build, and most of it has gone off without a hitch, but there's one problem that I can't seem to figure out. The computer can go to sleep (fans power down and LED's turn off) no problem, but when I try to wake it up again, the fans power up, the LED's turn on, but the display won't turn on. A force-restart is required to reboot it, at which point it starts up no problem. I attempted to troubleshoot, which I will outline below with excerpts from my journal.

Put the computer to sleep several hours ago. Tried to wake up computer just now, computer appeared to turn on, but display claimed that there was no signal, and even tried a second monitor, with the same results.

Thought the sleep problem might be that the graphics card wasn't rebooting properly, and because the display is plugged into the graphics card, the display wouldn't work. Tested this theory by putting the computer to sleep, waking it up, then plugging the display into the main motherboard. Nothing.

On suggestion by this forum: Hackintosh does not wake up from sleep I changed my darkwake setting in org.chameleon.Boot.plist to 10. No luck with darkwake=1 or darkwake=no either.

I removed the graphics card from the computer and used the integrated graphics to boot up. It would wake back up from sleep, but it seemed to present a new problem. When the graphics card was in, it would sleep properly but not wake up. When using the motherboard's integrated graphics, the computer would "sleep" by showing a white screen, but no fans would power down and the monitor wouldn't turn off. It appears that there is something wrong with the graphics card after all, but there might be something wrong with the sleep function altogether.

Display appears to go to sleep and wake up correctly, only when the actual computer went to sleep was it unable to wake up properly.

Installed "Kext Utility", and then used that to install the "sleepenabler" kext. This didn't solve the sleeping problem though.

In the BIOS, I disabled the onboard graphics, and selected the "Init Display First" to PEG (the port that my graphics card is plugged into).

I also disabled "PLL Overvoltage" in the BIOS.

That's all I know about the problem so far, any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

CIK

Not sure if this helps, I just upgraded to 10.9.2 (from 10.8.5) and FINALLY have my hack sleeping without forcing it. I wake it by clicking my mouse button and drives spin, lights come on but monitor stays off until I press the mouse button a SECOND time (wait a couple seconds between system wake and second click for screen wake.

Of course, I still haven't sorted out external USB drives after wake - USB2 drives give incorrect ejection message and any programs that were using them squawk, but remount fine. USB3 drives go on vacation until reboot (though plugging in an USB3 drive after wake that wasn't originally plugged in seems to work until next sleep).

I've gone from fully working Mountain Lion to Mavericks without any issues, however I have noticed that I now have to press my spacebar once to wake the machine, then a second time to wake my monitors.
As far I can remember, this wasn't the case until I updated to 10.9.2

Without the second key press, the machine drops back into sleep after about 15-20 seconds.

I've been trawling threads and found info about USB3 drivers breaking sleep so that was going to be my next line of enquiry.

I'm on a Z77DS3H with i5 3750 and integrated graphics.

I just booted into my old hard disk with 10.9.1 running. I am able to sleep and wake without issue. One tap of the spacebar wakes everything.

Boot back into my SSD on 10.9.2 and it won't wake properly....

This is about as far as my problem solving skills stretch!

Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion :(

EDIT:

I went back to 10.9.1 by doing a reinstall with my Unibeast USB to my SSD. Sleep works fine. I updated my Unibeast USB to 10.9.2 via app store and did another install. Ran the latest multibeast. Sleep (wake) not working, so it's clearly something with 10.9.2

Did you ever get this fixed? I'm getting the same issue on 10.9.3 with a SSDTprgen script generated SSDT.

I didn't get it fixed. I just updated to 10.9.4 and thought I'd see if there have been any updates on this. I hadn't noticed your post. Have you had any success?

Similar issues here.
When waking up (which seems to work kind of) there is no display.
Even when hitting reset on the computer, the screen will stay dark. So the graphics card does not come back to life.
Sapphire ATI Radeon 5850 extreme 1GB here (will be swapped soon)

Well, I did a clean install of 10.9.4 today. I built this hackintosh for Mountain Lion and I've tinkered with it so much over the last couple of years I thought it deserved a fresh start.

Everything is now working as it should again. Fully functional. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back