i7 3770
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently upgraded from Yosemite to El Capitan, I didn't do a fresh installation OFC, but I installed 10.11 over Yosemite. Before upgrading I used Chimera or Chameleon as a boot loader, now I seem to be forced to use clover. El Capitan boots from the Unibeast USB with UEFI clover (boot without caches and injected kexts), but if I boot it from the SSD on which 10.11 is installed on i can deduce it's still using chameleon because of the theme it's using, and OFC it doesn't boot. It stops at "AppleKextExcludeList.kext". So now need to figure out how to get clover working on the SSD. Also, the Hackintosh isn't able to connect to iCloud anymore because the SMBIOS has apparently been changed (it sais its an iMac, while I previously configured it to appear as a mac pro 3,1) I suspect it's because i'm booting from the usb; nevertheless my primary objective is to make the SSD boot with clover and get the SMBIOS working.

PS: i also have windows on the same SSD and it's booting correctly

Now it properly boots from the Clover USB, but as soon as i boot it said it can't connect to iCloud (presumably because of the SerialNumber). If i go and check the "About This Mac" section, it sais that it's an iMac, while in the SMBios i told it to be a Mac Pro. Also, the Serial Number is not what i told it to be. So Clover is not loading the SMBios settings in the config.plist file.

If you boot from the USB, it uses the config.plist on the EFI partition of the USB drive (EFI/CLOVER/config.plist).

If you boot from the system drive, it uses the config.plist on the EFI partition of the system drive (again, EFI/CLOVER/config.plist).

So probably you edited one but are booting with the other. You can just copy your "good" config.plist over your "bad" one if you like. You will probably want a tool like EFI Mounter v3 to mount your EFI partitions during this process, since they are not mounted by default.

I did change config.plist on the USB from which i boot, telling it to be a MacPro3,1. And if I open it, it still tells me the correct serial number. The problem is, when i boot from the USB and go in the CLOVER OPTIONS and click on SMBIOS, iMac shows up. I can change the SMBIOS from there, and it will show up correctly once i boot, but i see 2 problems with this:
1) I have no intention of changing the SMBIOS in the clover menu every time i have to boot
2)I don't get why clover thinks its an iMac, while i told it to be a mac pro in USB > EFI > CLOVER > config.plist.

So, summing up. The config.plist is correct on both USB and HD, but clover loads iMac SMBIOS from somewhere else. I can change it on the Clover boot menu before booting, but it resets every time i reboot.

I am booting from my Clover USB, which has the correct config.plist on it. But when I reach the screen where I have to choose which drive to boot (the one with MacHD, WindowsNTFS) if I go on Options/Settings I see the wrong SMBIOS settings. I have no idea how to explain why this happens, because the config.plist on the CloverUSB (which I'm using as boot loader) is correct.

USB and SATA information in attachments, i dont know if thats what you asked for.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 16.48.29.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 16.48.29.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 284
  • Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 16.53.08.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 16.53.08.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 322
I know how to boot from the Clover USB Stick. And I did, its what i'm doing right now, simply because the main SSD is loading Chimera and not Clover. But that's not the problem. The thing i don't understand is why is it loading the wrong SMBIOS despite it being correct in the Clover stick.

P.S. I have 2 options to boot from:
1)Verbatim Store N Go (the clover USB)
2)UEFI: Verbatim Store N Go

I always boot with the non UEFI one because if i do, it gives me the Boot0 Error. I dont know, could that be the problem?

You can try this in terminal (all on one line) to reveal the drive Clover booted from:
Code:
diskutil info $(ioreg -p IODeviceTree -n platform -r -a | sed -n /boot-log/,/\\/data/p | sed -e '1,2d' -e '$ d' | base64 --decode | grep SelfDevicePath | sed -E -e 's/.*(GPT|MBR),//' -e 's/,.*//') | grep -E "(Identifier|Node)"

Also, I would have expected you to use the UEFI boot based on the first post. It seems reasonably likely that Clover wouldn't look at the same config.plist for a Legacy boot. If Clover UEFI doesn't work on your machine, Clover Legacy may be looking for the config.plist on the main USB or system drive partition instead of the EFI partition, which could explain the discrepancy.

Did you install Clover manually or via UniBeast or via the legacy post-install packages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back