Contribute
Register

Hackintosh not loading past load screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
imac
CPU
i7
Graphics
780mx
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So last night my Hackintosh was working flawlessly as always (Has done for 5 months). I turned it off and when I turned it back on today I got a message informing me my BIOS corrupted and that it was updating the BIOS.

After this I checked my BIOS settings and everything seems the same as before (I think)

Things I have tried so far:

• Using my Clone SSD of my boot drive - No change
  • GraphicsEnabler=No at the boot screen - No change
  • Booting into safe mode lets me log in but I have no idea how to fix whatever is not letting me boot normally.

I am running 10.9.4 with Chimera v3.0.1.

My build is
Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H
Crucial Ballistix 2x 4GB ram
Intel Core i5 4440
AppleBootScreen.png <This is all I get unless I boot into safe mode. Any help would be amazing and thank you for reading.

I am very, very new to Hackintoshing and I have no idea what that means.. sorry

Know how you put in -x to get to safe mode? Put in -v instead. Verbose mode will show rolling code of the system booting up and shutting down and help us pinpoint the problem.

I imagine something with your motherboard gave up when it had it's BIOS error. Set the bios to optimized defaults in the bios, recheck your settings and see if it will boot again as normal.

When does your board's warranty run out? Might have to use it if the board is faulty.

-V.jpg I got this after pressing -v.

I just remembered, sometimes before the BIOS crash I would just get the loading screen when I turned on my Hackintosh but once I turned it off and back on again it would fix itself.. now its just loading.

After that last entry, I start to get HDAEnabler loading messages.

This is what I have directly after:
Code:
console relocated to 0x7f80000000[ PCI configuration end, bridges 6, devices 13 ]
HDAEnabler: Copyright (c) 2008 by Kabyl
HDAEnabler: Copyright (c) 2008 by Kabyl
HDAEnabler: 05/05/2008 Added SP-Audio support by Taruga
HDAEnabler: 03/07/2009 Compiled for 32/64-bit by Taruga
[RealtekRTL81xx:init] RealtekRTL81xx.kext v0.0.90 (c)2010-2011 by Lnx2Mac ([email protected])
mcache: 4 CPU(s), 64 bytes CPU cache line size
mbinit: done [64 MB total pool size, (42/21) split]
Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused
PXSX cannot assert wake from D3cold
HDAEnabler: 05/05/2008 Added SP-Audio support by Taruga
HDAEnabler: 03/07/2009 Compiled for 32/64-bit by Taruga
rooting via boot-uuid from /chosen: 959786E3-BD8B-3F83-BEB3-019DD59E98BC
com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib kmod start
com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless kmod start
LS(4052) Little Snitch: start
com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load succeeded
com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless load succeeded
Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SAT0@1F,2/AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI/PRT0@0/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/Crucial_CT120M500SSD1 Media/IOGUIDPartitionScheme/HackOne@2
BSD root: disk0s2, major 1, minor 2
SuperIODevice: found ITE IT8728F on port=0x2e address=0xa30
IT87xxSensors: started
[RealtekRTL81xx:init] _logLevel is now 132 (0x0084)

I'm still smelling bad motherboard (figuratively). Pull the CMOS battery and the power cable for 5 mintues, disable Vt-d in BIOS, and then try to boot. If nothing, disable network and audio and see where that gets you. Do all of this with the -v kernel flag.

Its fixed, I have no idea why but turning off Vt-d fixed it.

Thank you for your help

Vt-d has to be off for OS X to boot, that's definitely a fact. Maybe you disabled it before and didn't remember this time around.

Good to hear it's working again. Happy Hacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back