Contribute
Register

Hackintosh not booting after clover update...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
Intel Core I5-6500
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 750tTi FTW edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

Unfortunately, after updating to the latest version of clover, my Hackintosh has stopped booting past the clover selection screen. I originally updated since I'm hoping to update to Mojave but obviously it's a bit hard to do so now. Any ideas and responses are greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Usually caused by a missing/incorrect/multiple memory fix driver(s) in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.
Most people only need :

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi (or apfs.efi)
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi)

Usually caused by a missing/incorrect/multiple memory fix driver(s) in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.
Most people only need :

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi (or apfs.efi)
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi)
May be a stupid question, but how am I supposed to repair or input the new files without being able to boot into my computer? Will I need to do a new install of OSX?

May be a stupid question, but how am I supposed to repair or input the new files without being able to boot into my computer? Will I need to do a new install of OSX?
You could boot from a USB installer or attach the drive to another Mac or hack and edit the contents.

You could boot from a USB installer or attach the drive to another Mac or hack and edit the contents.
Have tried booting with a high Sierra USB but am getting the circle with slash about halfway through the first apple logo loading screen.

Have tried booting with a high Sierra USB but am getting the circle with slash about halfway through the first apple logo loading screen.
You should boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.
It probably says "Still waiting for root device" in the bottom left corner, if so use the forum Search tool to look for that.

It probably says "Still waiting for root device" in the bottom left corner, if so use the forum Search tool to look for that.
Well, long story short I got it to boot into High Sierra and have now installed Mojave:). Now just trying to get my old wifi kexts back since I'm getting the no hardware thing.

Also, bit of a weird question but I can’t connect to the website from my home network, but can from my phones hotspot and phone itself. Do you know why? I’ve tried on all my computers and it’s the same thing, but I can connect to other websites. Just can’t connect to tonymac…

Also, bit of a weird question but I can’t connect to the website from my home network, but can from my phones hotspot and phone itself. Do you know why? I’ve tried on all my computers and it’s the same thing, but I can connect to other websites. Just can’t connect to tonymac…
See Post #9.

Now just trying to get my old wifi kexts back since I'm getting the no hardware thing.
Apple withdrew support for Atheros wifi in Mojave - Maybe that is the cause of your problem ?
There is a workaround but better to use supported hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back