i7-2600
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've updated Clover (if I remember correctly to 5125, the newest one) and my kexts (LiLu, WhatEverGreen, VirtualSMC) and now my hackintosh is no longer booting.
Using -v option it shows the following message (see image).
I've googled a little and are now a little confused as the found results are all for OpenCore, but I use Clover for sure.
Nevertheless, some hints were to enable options 'UseVirtualMap' and 'EnableProtectedAccess' (not sure for the exact names), but this did not change anything.

There were no problems before. It was running Catalina 10.15.6. In the past I've always updated Clover and kexts before an OS upgrade (the plan was to upgrade to 10.15.7 after the reboot) without any issues.
Any idea whats wrong?

Graphics card: Radeon RX 5700XT (Sapphire), connected via DisplayPort
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77P-D3
System definition: iMac 14,2

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 234
I've updated Clover (if I remember correctly to 5125, the newest one) and my kexts (LiLu, WhatEverGreen, VirtualSMC) and now my hackintosh is no longer booting.
Using -v option it shows the following message (see image).
I've googled a little and are now a little confused as the found results are all for OpenCore, but I use Clover for sure.
Nevertheless, some hints were to enable options 'UseVirtualMap' and 'EnableProtectedAccess' (not sure for the exact names), but this did not change anything.

There were no problems before. It was running Catalina 10.15.6. In the past I've always updated Clover and kexts before an OS upgrade (the plan was to upgrade to 10.15.7 after the reboot) without any issues.
Any idea whats wrong?

Graphics card: Radeon RX 5700XT (Sapphire), connected via DisplayPort
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77P-D3
System definition: iMac 14,2

Hi there,

Clover r5125 is actually one of the new hybrid releases which starts as Clover but hands over to OpenCore to boot the PC. This has been designed to help boot Big Sur which otherwise wouldn't boot using a vanilla Clover bootloader. It started with version r5123.

You might find you need to adjust the "Quirk" settings. I recommend the latest version of Clover Configurator as it makes the task easy. However you can only do this if you have access to a Mac. If you have a UniBeast installer USB stick you can use this to boot into your Hackintosh and revert the Clover version to an earlier one as there is no UniBeast using the hybrid boot system yet.

:)

Hi there,

Clover r5125 is actually one of the new hybrid releases which starts as Clover but hands over to OpenCore to boot the PC. This has been designed to help boot Big Sur which otherwise wouldn't boot using a vanilla Clover bootloader. It started with version r5123.

You might find you need to adjust the "Quirk" settings. I recommend the latest version of Clover Configurator as it makes the task easy. However you can only do this if you have access to a Mac. If you have a UniBeast installer USB stick you can use this to boot into your Hackintosh and revert the Clover version to an earlier one as there is no UniBeast using the hybrid boot system yet.

:)
Hi,
that's the problem: I don't have access to a Mac now. As everything was running smooth in the past, I did not care to prepare a boot stick.
In the 'Quirk' settings I've tried to enabled 'UseVirtualMap' and 'EnableProtectedAccess' as written. Do you know other settings I should try?
Or is there a possibility to create a working boot stick in Windows (or Linux)?

You should have a backup of your EFI. Boot into Linux/Windows, mount your EFI partition and replace the EFI with the working one.

@hlehofer,

See this thread for info :-

Cheers
Jay

Fixed it for now by creating a Clover 5119 boot stick with my EFI.
Of course only a short term solution.

Thanks for help and ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back