Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Newb - Check my build before I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thelostswede said:
No good, sorry, 1.8V modules, you need to look for memory that is rated at 1.65V or less.

This and I mentioned it above. That's for socket 775 (C2D/Q) boards.

Sorry about missing that! Excitement of the build and all! :)

I did find a wireless card that works for $45 bucks on newegg thanks to a PM exchange with dvdflashbacks.

Maybe I'll stick with the 4 gig for now and then buy another 4 gig of the same type later when I raise some more funds.

I think I may be ready to pull the trigger on this....

Any last minute advice guys? I don't know what I would have done without all of your help so far!

Just make sure its Rev. B. You could ask the seller.

Btw, it requires one kext, its simple to set up, and it only works in 32 bit.

The only way to boot into 64 is to hold down 6 and 4 during bootup, right? If you don't do that Snow Leopard boots into 32 bit?

I'm guessing Rev A won't work? haha

For the Wifi:
I got a Rosewill Wireless N USB Adapter from Newegg. It's called RNX-N1. I haven't actually used it yet because i haven't burned any boot CDs right or something so I don't reach the Chameleon prompt, but I ordered it because it is specifically advertised as compatible with both Windows and Mac, so it shouldn't be any trouble I wouldn't think. It was only $30 when I bought it.

Josh R said:
For the Wifi:
I got a Rosewill Wireless N USB Adapter from Newegg. It's called RNX-N1. I haven't actually used it yet because i haven't burned any boot CDs right or something so I don't reach the Chameleon prompt, but I ordered it because it is specifically advertised as compatible with both Windows and Mac, so it shouldn't be any trouble I wouldn't think. It was only $30 when I bought it.

That'll work, but you'll have some other program it has to run through and it won't show up as an airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back