Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Monterey MSI Z87-G45 Gaming + 4770K 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z87-G45
CPU
4770K << need full model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Hello,

Recently I’ve been using 2015 MB Pro and I’m really happy how everything there works there (I was only using Win OS). I found out that I have some spare parts laying around and why I shouldn’t use them for hackintosh. My goal is to build something which will allow me to web browser only (no games). I want to build something at little cost, I know that I will need to get external WiFi or Sound card, it’s fine I can get them. If you can provide what will be compatible with Monterey let me know.

My current setup looks like this:

CPU 4770K
GPU: None
MOBO: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
RAM: Team Group Xtreem White - DDR3-2400 - CL10 - 16 GB
PSU: XFX Core 750W 135mm 80+ SLI
External sound card: None atm
External WiFi card: None atm

Is there any cfg for Monterey with my setup? I just want to use web / office apps and that’s about it. No games or renders, if I won’t be able to use iGPU, then I guess I will have to buy cheapest compatible graphic card.

Any help highly appreciated because what I found in the web, is super outdated due to my setup. I also seen that the MSI mobo isn’t recommended for some reason.

Is there any cfg for Monterey with my setup? I just want to use web / office apps and that’s about it. No games or renders, if I won’t be able to use iGPU, then I guess I will have to buy cheapest compatible graphic card.
The HD4600 iGPU works if you choose the Macmini7,1 SMBIOS. Those have HD5000 which is also a Haswell iGPU so HD4600 has native support. Works quite well. Look for Edhawk's all purpose Haswell guide on this site. Should tell you what you need to make it work.

Last edited:
Thanks, will look into this. Also, for web surfing/youtube iGPU will be enough?
Since I will only those on this machine, I guess I don't need to supply myself with GPU.

or web surfing/youtube iGPU will be enough?
Yes, I use HD4600 with Monterey and it's no problem. As long as you get full graphics acceleration from your EFI's config.plist and play videos at 1080p, it's smooth as butter. I'm sure that Edhawk has gotten that down with his provided EFI folder.

Yes, I use HD4600 with Monterey and it's no problem. As long as you get full graphics acceleration from your EFI's config.plist and play videos at 1080p, it's smooth as butter. I'm sure that Edhawk has gotten that down with his provided EFI folder.
What cheap WiFi 5 Ghz you suggest (I don't want to play with ethernet cables anymore)?

Thanks

What cheap WiFi 5 Ghz you suggest (I don't want to play with ethernet cables anymore)?

Thanks

The Fenvi USB adapter is currently the best price at $12.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back