Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
INTEL CPU CORE I7-6700K 4.0GHZ 8MB LGA1151
Graphics
GIGABYTE NVIDIA 4GB GDDR5
Hi there guys,

I sold my Macbook Pro a couple of weeks ago because I was looking forward to create my own Hackintosh. This weekend (black friday) I took the opportunity to buy the most part of my build but the monitor and the graphics card went to expensive and became out of stock.

My (almost) build has the following:

Gigabyte Z170X Designare
Intel i7-6700K
Corsair H60 (Water)
Crucial Ballistix Sport Lt 2x8Gb
Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb
Corsair RM 650X
Corsair 300R Windowed
TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter (N)
Logitech K400 Plus

I was about to buy the Dell P2415Q 4K monitor but the price wasn't quite "fair" and I read that it won't work properly. I want a 4K/5K monitor, equal or bigger than 24", that works perfectly with my build and not more expensive than 480USD. I love that one from Dell but I'm afraid of that fact. Any of you guys have this monitor? Does it work in full resolution? Any recommendation?

The same happens with the graphics card, in a different way. I was about to buy the EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SC but it went a little to expensive and went out of stock. It's the one recommended for the "CustoMac Pro" build, that's why I choose it. I'll use this computer to edit video, work on 3D and all the graphic design/photography essential software. I'm trying not to exceed 220USD. Any advice on that? I was looking for (at least) the 960.

Thank you for your time. This website will be my 2nd house in the next few weeks. Amazing content, super well organized. Best regards from Portugal.

Thank you @trs96 ! I bought the one you recommended with the 4GB of Vram.
I hope it all works out .. the hackintosh guide looks easy enough.

Do you know if it makes a difference if i install the build with a "weak" monitor and then update to a better one ? I know this looks like a silly question but I just want to be sure. Thanks ;)

Do you know if it makes a difference if i install the build with a "weak" monitor and then update to a better one ? I know this looks like a silly question but I just want to be sure. Thanks ;)
Won't make any difference. Make sure to use a DVI, HDMI or DP connection and not an analog 15 pin VGA connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back