Contribute
Register

[Hackintosh Laptop] Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series! [Success]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i will erase it

OK I WILL ERASE IT

If you're attempting to install on a laptop that is supported, make sure your profile reflects the hardware details of that laptop.

This post has really helped me a lot, now have a working hackintosh! Apart from the missing audio driver, as you described in your post, the trackpad is a bit weird; doesn't allow multitouch, which makes using it sometimes awkward and less fluid, did you encounter this?

Hi. Can this work with the Dell Inspiron 15 3558? Thanks

Hi. Can this work with the Dell Inspiron 15 3558? Thanks

Assuming this guide is for Broadwell, you could try it. Post #1 is not clear on the hardware specifications.

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3558 and I have googled all over the place to find a way to fix the APCI kernel panic, I've disabled all options, installed these kexts:
  • ALXEthernet.kext
  • AppleAPCIPlatform.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • HWInfo.kext
If you need an image of the logs I will attach one. Please help, I've been trying for 2 days straight.
If this helps, I don't need WiFi and I have the touchscreen model (I don't really use the touchscreen though, the model was just on sale so I got it)

Here are my specs (I upgraded one thing so these might help):
  • Intel i5-5200U Broadwell with Intel HD Graphics 5500
  • 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz SODIMM RAM
  • 1366x768 Touchscreen (again I don't need touchscreen support)
If you need any edits (since I wrote this in a rush) then I will glady edit.
Also, the plist is not found on GitHub.

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3558 and I have googled all over the place to find a way to fix the APCI kernel panic, I've disabled all options, installed these kexts:
  • ALXEthernet.kext
  • AppleAPCIPlatform.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • HWInfo.kext
If you need an image of the logs I will attach one. Please help, I've been trying for 2 days straight.
If this helps, I don't need WiFi and I have the touchscreen model (I don't really use the touchscreen though, the model was just on sale so I got it)

Here are my specs (I upgraded one thing so these might help):
  • Intel i5-5200U Broadwell with Intel HD Graphics 5500
  • 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz SODIMM RAM
  • 1366x768 Touchscreen (again I don't need touchscreen support)
If you need any edits (since I wrote this in a rush) then I will glady edit.
Also, the plist is not found on GitHub.

You should not install AppleACPIPlatform.kext. The correct version is provided by Apple with the OS X installer.

You should not install AppleACPIPlatform.kext. The correct version is provided by Apple with the OS X installer.
I'll try that now.
-edit-

So I got rid of it, and I installed the plist for Intel HD 5500, but now the OS X installer isn't appearing at all? The default plist shows it perfectly fine, I'll try running default plist with that kext not there.
-edit2-

Tried that to no avail, same ACPI error, Here's the full ACPI error:
Panic(cpu 0 caller 0x563ebd): "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.15.2/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1378
Debugger called: <panic>
(or something similar to that, that's all I remembered)

Last edited:
I'll try that now.
-edit-

So I got rid of it, and I installed the plist for Intel HD 5500, but now the OS X installer isn't appearing at all? The default plist shows it perfectly fine, I'll try running default plist with that kext not there.
-edit2-

Tried that to no avail, same ACPI error, Here's the full ACPI error:
Panic(cpu 0 caller 0x563ebd): "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.15.2/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1378
Debugger called: <panic>
(or something similar to that, that's all I remembered)

Boot verbose, attach photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Boot verbose, attach photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Well, I got it working already (TO A POINT) by fixing the HD 5500 plist, so there's no point for the installer help.
Installed it, but now I'm getting the same line of plusses I was when I was first trying the installer, any idea? (I've tried removing the OsxAptio driver and using it with and without the HFS+ driver to no avail) Will attach my Clover folder (omitting themes folder)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back