Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti FTW
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Successfully hackintoshed a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series, the laptop was 400 dollars and runs Mac OS X Yosemite perfectly! I haven't found a fix for Audio or Native Sleep, but besides that it is completely functional including battery status (without DSDT)!

I am going to post this as a tutorial for anyone else intrested in converting their Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series into a hackintosh. I feel very confident this will work on most of the Dell Inspiron 15 3000's with the assumption yours is a Intel core series processor.

This was the laptop I started out with I upgraded the Hard Drive, with a Kingston SSD (120 GB). I did this because I had it laying around, if your going to spend the money on getting a SSD, I would suggest getting some better hardware! While I was replacing the HHD, I also removed the integrated wifi card and instead bought a D-Link DWA 131 wireless adapter.

I will post the tutorials and drivers I used in my build, however here are some things to note when hackintoshing my series laptop. Disable Legacy boot support, all of the Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series have UEFI bioses! You can also disable the NIC Ipv4 and Ipv6 as they really serve no purpose besides clog up your boot menu.

NOTE: It is not uncommon for your USB to NOT show up in the list of bootable devices (When launching the Clover USB stick). You can easily fix this clicking on "Manually add a boot option" and set the path to either one of these options:

CLOVERX64.efi is Clover. It is at \EFI\Boot\BOOTX64.efi and \EFI\Clover\CLOVERX64.efi.

After that you should be able to successfully boot into Clover, for installation! Once you install Mac OS X and boot up, don't fret if you see a really skewed Apple loading icon. Apparently thats just the screen changing resolution, and that can be patched in the .plist (Clover tutorial).

Once you install Clover on your HHD, your probably going to be wondering how you add additional kext's later on? Well I found the easiest way was to mount the hidden EFI partition and add them that way. Apon restart it should unmount, meaning you have to do this every time you want to edit the EFI partition.

I encountered a really odd Bios related thing, where HFS+ partitions showed up in the Bios boot options. If you see this in your boot options, and you attempt to boot from it, it will not work unless you have Clover installed. Just a heads up!

This laptop isn't good for gaming, I don't recommend it at all. I intentionally made this machine for development purposes, and basic web surfing. Please see the links below for all of the tools I used to create the Dell Inspiron hackintosh.

[Laptop]
[Unsuccessful Attempt #1]
[Rehabmans clover laptop tutorial]
[The .plist I used]
[Getting battery status working]
[Wifi adapter driver]
[How to fix glitched apple loading screen]

This was definitely a awesome experience, I will be using Clover in the future for any other hackintosh builds I do! It takes a while to get all the configurations / kexts, but it is by far the best tool for hackintoshing I have used.

Last edited:
On the Wifi Adapter link which file did you use exactly and also the Battery status. there is a list of zipped files idk which one to pick

The Battery status works fine. it is the WIFI that is not. I have successfull installed all the kexts in RehadMan-FakePCIID but the problem remains no wifi

The Battery status works fine. it is the WIFI that is not. I have successfull installed all the kexts in RehadMan-FakePCIID but the problem remains no wifi

Did you install compatible WiFi hardware?

I don't know what the compatible WIFI hardware is. this is what i have. Intel(RP Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160

Hey bro please, i want to contact you, i have the same laptop, please help!!! i have like 4 months cant get hackintosh on my laptop, please help!! i will pay you jeje please!!

Hey bro please, i want to contact you, i have the same laptop, please help!!! i have like 4 months cant get hackintosh on my laptop, please help!! i will pay you jeje please!!

Regarding the laptop indicated by your profile (with AMD A6 CPU)...

Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

AMD CPUs are not supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back