i7 3770
Graphics
GT 210
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I run Sierra / High Sierra on one disk and Mojave / Catalina on another.
So I guess Sierra / High Sierra on HFS partitions and Mojave / Catalina each one on its own APFS container?
There's no issue or particular trick for having Mojave / Catalina on the same drive?
Do you think it'll be the same for Mojave / Monterey?

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Do you think it'll be the same for Mojave / Monterey?
I've tried this dual boot scenario on the same drive with these macOS versions. It does work. The only problems that might occur when you try to use the latest OC and kexts on a much older OS like Mojave. It doesn't always work seamlessly. You might need to experiment with some different versions of OC. I guess it depends on what hardware you are installing on as well.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA Z68XP-UD3
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GT 210
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've tried this dual boot scenario on the same drive with these macOS versions. It does work. The only problems that might occur when you try to use the latest OC and kexts on a much older OS like Mojave. It doesn't always work seamlessly. You might need to experiment with some different versions of OC. I guess it depends on what hardware you are installing on as well.
Until now, I've kept updating OC on 10.14 without any issue, but you're right, OC's settings/kexts might differ between OSes. Anyway, I'm a bit sceptical about being able to update my Z68 to Ventura+ (or if it's worth the pain ;) ).

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android