Contribute
Register

Hackintosh in the future

I don't think that was the primary reason. Apple has never actively done anything to prevent hackintoshing in the past.

• Apple Silicon is much more efficient than anything Intel or AMD has to offer.
  • With Apple Silicon, Macs can no longer be directly compared with PCs.
  • Apple Silicon Macs have higher profit margins.
  • Apple has always believed in vertical integration. This has always been their M.O.

It all made perfect sense for Apple to go this route.

If you want to continue using macOS, buy a Mac
if I had the money, I would have already bought it

if I had the money, I would have already bought it

I can't help you there... Maybe sell your 6900 XT to help pay for a Mac. I got $1800 from selling my Radeon VII last year.

Last edited:
M1 Mac Minis are selling for good prices at the moment.

I can't help you there... Maybe sell your 6900 XT to help pay for a Mac. I got $1800 from selling my Radeon VII last year.
thanks for your care.. :) maybe you was gave me an idea... we will se what will be happening in future

Also forgot about this > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coreboot

Coreboot is a very powerful open source firmware designed for PowerPC, x86-x64, RISC-V & ARMv8 that can replace whatever proprietary BIOS firmware in the system and allow it to boot say Linux or any other operating system. Theoretically we could create a non-Apple Silicon system using this with say, a ARMv8 PC or a new RISC-V PC.

As far as physical hardware goes these are some of the newer specs emerging
> https://9to5linux.com/star-labs-unveil-their-first-amd-powered-mini-linux-pc-with-coreboot-support

The Framework modular laptop is another good one (where parts of the system can be replaced by user)
> https://frame.work

As it goes I'd heard Intel actually has invested billions into RISC-V architecture. It could well happen in future that
we could be running a hackintosh that is possibly ARM-based but still made by Intel.
This design could be either the Xeon Platinum 8476 or the Platinum 8480, as both are predicted to feature 56 cores and 112 threads. The CPU was tested on Intel's C741 (Emmitsburg) platform with 1TB of DDR5 memory running at CL40-39-38-76 timings and support for PCI-Express 5.0.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to continue using macOS, buy a Mac.
That could be said a little differently: "If you want to continue updating MacOS, buy a Mac." (I'll probably be using Mojave for the rest of my life. I've picked it over Catalina, Big Sur and Monterey for my own reasons.)

That could be said a little differently: "If you want to continue updating MacOS, buy a Mac." (I'll probably be using Mojave for the rest of my life. I've picked it over Catalina, Big Sur and Monterey for my own reasons.)
I’m also a big fan of Mojave!, of the later macOS releases it’s one of my favorites with Tiger second. Big Sur and Monterey are nice and helped with the transition to M1, but they feel less Appleish compared to Mojave or Tiger.

Oh, before I forget. RISC-V, I’ve been reading about it, now it’s starting to gain traction and want to get the big guns involved!. My question, does hackintosh have a future there?.

Back