Contribute
Register

Hackintosh in a GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I got the same MOBO along with a GTX480 Geforce by gigabyte 6gb corsair, 2tb Seagate barracuda, thermaltake 850w power, this pc was tucked away in the store thought will give it a shot at making it a hackintosh, to cut the story short, on my macbook pro that runs osx lion 10.7.4 i downloaded unibeast and made a 16gb USB - installer, it run perfect followed all the instructions to the T and came up with the screen that installation is complete.......now this installation did a 11.8 mb space on the USB and didnt take much time less than a min.

i pluggged this into the pc and setup bios and booted thru usb, my screen goes balck and nothing seems to happen till i hit k or enter and the screen comes to chimera (USB LOGO) with boot.....written and does not show me the USB ..??

pic attached.

can some of the experts tell me where i am wrong ?

ON the boot: i type -v, -x etc as per the unibeast manual and i get the screen cant find mach_kernel .

:?:

Attachments

• IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 787
nevermind it was my unibeast usb which was not upto mark, redone and installed the lion. now running multibeast will update later.........thnks

Lion on GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 Bios FF - please help with Audio!

I finally got LION up using unibeast. THANK YOU! I am still struggling getting the Audio working. The AppleHDA.kext I found here didn't seem to take on my system.

Some pictures... I attached a screencap of the About This Mac - and the audio hardware view. Sound still shows no devices...

Any help out there? Please?

At this point I am not sure what to try - don't want to turf this install and I have tried so many things - not sure if I am doing more damage than good...

Any help would be very much appreciated.

GEON

Attachments

• AboutThisMac.png
    AboutThisMac.png
    286 KB · Views: 1,410
try using the headphones socket...it worked for me. after running multi beast as per the author of this post's multi beast settings for audio......

but i can't seem to get the mac pro to recognize my ACER H243HX ? ?

how can i do that !!

Audio?

Still unclear how to get audio working on GA-X58a-UD3R mobo rev 2, bios- FF. I get no audio devices showing up. I would appreciate ANY response from the community - is this a known issue - or just something I've broken?

Anyone have any idea how to fix?

THANK!

G

Your board has an ALC889 sound codec. If you are using the DSDT from this forum corresponding to your board and BIOS version then all you need to install is the corresponding patched sound kext from Multibeast install. Only this kext (only one) should be installed and of course must select system utilities in MB to repair permissions. If installed ANY other kexts with MB before it will never work. Have to find out which ones and delete them or start over. Always run Sys Utils from MB whenever installing deleting a kext.

Thanks for responding...

Yes I have tried a couple of times to get the right audio driver and messed things up...

What is the best way to remove all the audio files and then add the single correct one?

GEON

hey yopu guys, do you think this is compatible?

QuadCore Intel Core i7-950, 3233 MHz
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R v2
12 GB RAM Kingmax FLFE85F-C8KM9
ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 series

WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 ATA DEVICE
WDC WD10EADS-00M2B0 ATA DEVICE
SAMSUNG HD502HJ ATA Device

i have the same MB as you (rev 1.0 at bios ver 5). i had a working build for SL. now i want to see how well i can tackle unibeast/multibeast. do you have any settings written down or anything you could pass along that might be helpful? wanted to see if i have the MB settings correct. can i go to mavericks?

i tried a quick usb installer test with unibeast and it fails after the boot screen. i have the geforce 9800 gtx. i tried the boot settings recommended, but it still goes black after a few seconds.

for some odd reason, under windows 7, it says i don't have a sata3 connection for my ssd, but that's another story, i guess.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back