Motherboard
iMac 5,1 2006
CPU
T7200
Graphics
Radeon X1600
Mac
  1. iMac
I have an almost new iMac5. Is it possible to Hackintosh this machine and make a more flexible and powerful desktop out of it?
I am 82 years old and new to this Hackintosh idea. Relatively computer savvy as I have worked with computers since I was 18, however mostly software.

Welcome to the tonymacx86 forum. Pleease find your iMac on everymac.com and post the link. This will help us help you better.

Also, see

I have an almost new iMac5. Is it possible to Hackintosh this machine and make a more flexible and powerful desktop out of it?
I am 82 years old and new to this Hackintosh idea. Relatively computer savvy as I have worked with computers since I was 18, however mostly software.
Welcome to the forum @GeneHig!

Looks like an iMac 5,1 from 2006 that can run 10.7.5 Lion as the maximum OS. What is it you want to run on it ? Do you want to swap out the hardware to run a recent macOS version or just try something newer than Lion ? The ATI Radeon X1600 graphics really limit what you might do in that respect.

The iMac 5 from 2006 is very limited in RAM, Storage, and processing capacity. I might like to use it as a workhorse desktop or as a media server.
Actually, I would like to just make a Hackintosh that rivals my Macbook Pro and I have the iMac5 as well as an old Dell Windows machine that I could use for a box. I also have 2 MacBook Pros and a Macbook Air.

Welcome to the tonymacx86 forum. Pleease find your iMac on everymac.com and post the link. This will help us help you better.

Also, see
Admin: the sign-up called for Motherboard, CPU, and Graphics but I do not know where/how to find this info for my Macbook Pro. You guys filled it in saying "I DIDN'T READ THE RULES! SO IGNORE ME". Please tell me what rules I am not following so I can correct my errors.

Admin: the sign-up called for Motherboard, CPU, and Graphics but I do not know where/how to find this info for my Macbook Pro. You guys filled it in saying "I DIDN'T READ THE RULES! SO IGNORE ME". Please tell me what rules I am not following so I can correct my errors.
See the Forum Rules, Profiles Section.

Put your iMac in the Profile Components. In your case,

Motherboard: iMac 5,1 2006
CPU: T7200
Graphics: Radeon X1600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back