i7-6700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, so I have managed to boot macOS Sierra 10.12.5 from the SSD using rehabman's config.plist file. I then got the GTX 1060 to work and I attempted to mount the efi partition with the keys but now I cannot boot from the USB nor the SSD. Basically I've got most of it to work, I'm just trying to be able to boot from the SSD.

Attachments

• IMG_1078.JPG
    IMG_1078.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 286

Hi, I really appreciate the help, but I don't yet have the skills to do such a complex thing on mackintosh. This is my first build and I'm 15. What I've done is erase the SSD and install macOS again, using your config.plist file in one of your posts. What can I now do after the install to boot directly from the SSD on macOS 10.12.5, because your config.plist file allowed me to install on the SSD and it was recognised by disk utility?

Attachments

• IMG_1088.PNG
    IMG_1088.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1089.PNG
    IMG_1089.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 228
Rehabman Please help me, you're my only hope. I installed macOS again, installed the web drivers and I deleted the IONVMe kext and installed it the kext I created using terminal. I then booted again.
PLEASE HELP, after I finish this build I'm going to make a good YouTube video and I'll give a shoutout top you.

Your screenshot shows an active Serial port (SuperIO) which should be disabled in your BIOS settings.

Your screenshot shows an active Serial port (SuperIO) which should be disabled in your BIOS settings.
Thanks so much, I'll try that.
So far this is what I've managed to do:
- I have installed macOS Sierra 10.12.5 again, using Rehabman's config.plist file.
- I am using HoRNDIS to use my android phone to connect to the internet.
- I still have to choose enable Nvidia webdrivers every time I boot.
- I still need the USB plugged in every time I boot.

I think what I need help with is how to edit REHABMAN's cons.plist file without it stuffing up the SSD or causing any other sort of kernel panics. In the mean time while I don't have a fix for this, I'm just going to leave the USB plugged in. I think I'm also having difficulty in properly mounting the EFI partition to the Samsung 960 Pro SSD, which might be causing the kernel panics. I've got to get some work done on this computer urgently, so when I get more free time to tinker with the config.plist file and try to disable the active serial port, I'll try that. Thanks.

I still have to choose enable Nvidia web drivers every time I boot.
Probably the lack of native NVRAM support - See Problem 6.

I still need the USB plugged in every time I boot.
Install the Clover boot loader to your hard drive/SSD.

I think what I need help with is how to edit REHABMAN's cons.plist file without it stuffing up the SSD or causing any other sort of kernel panics. In the mean time while I don't have a fix for this, I'm just going to leave the USB plugged in. I think I'm also having difficulty in properly mounting the EFI partition to the Samsung 960 Pro SSD, which might be causing the kernel panics. I've got to get some work done on this computer urgently, so when I get more free time to tinker with the config.plist file and try to disable the active serial port, I'll try that. Thanks.
Don't try and fix everything at once.

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you
Please add the details of your motherboard (Mobo) to your profile.

Last edited:
Hi, I really appreciate the help, but I don't yet have the skills to do such a complex thing on mackintosh. This is my first build and I'm 15. What I've done is erase the SSD and install macOS again, using your config.plist file in one of your posts. What can I now do after the install to boot directly from the SSD on macOS 10.12.5, because your config.plist file allowed me to install on the SSD and it was recognised by disk utility?

If you don't implement the class-code spoof, you will regret it.

Rehabman Please help me, you're my only hope. I installed macOS again, installed the web drivers and I deleted the IONVMe kext and installed it the kext I created using terminal. I then booted again.
PLEASE HELP, after I finish this build I'm going to make a good YouTube video and I'll give a shoutout top you.

Don't install the FakeSMC sensor kexts.

Wait, why will I regret it? Can it damage the SSD or loose data? My new install is only running with the config.plist file that you created? Is this bad? Do I need to create a kext from the master file for 10.12.5?
IS IT SAFE FOR ME TO JUST USE THE USB THAT HAS YOUR CONFIG.PLIST FILE TO BOOT OFF THE SSD, OR CAN IT CAUSE DAMAGE?

Last edited:

Should I just do what this guy has done at 25:00:

For now can I just use the config.plist you created and the USB bootable drive? In about 3 weeks I will have enough time to try and fix minor issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back