Contribute
Register

HACKINTOSH? HP ELITEDESK 800 G3 MINI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased this wifi+bluetooth card (BCM943224PCIEBT2) and it arrived today.
I installed it on my Elitedesk 800 g3, the wifi worked out of the box, but unfortunately the bluetooth does not work. Here is the screenshot of hackintools PCI and I also attached my working EFI (only bluetooth is not working)

I am looking for fix for the bluetooth I tried some of the methods on how to fix the problem but none of them worked, I think I am not doing it correct way. Can anyone help me with this?
I need to make bluetooth work since I am using a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Right now I am using a old kb and mouse :D

Thank you!

Edit: 12/15/2020
If I install Catalina on this, do you think bluetooth would work fine or I will be having the same issue?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20 MB · Views: 180
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 4.45.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 4.45.57 PM.png
    975.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Someone has customized AppleALC.kext to fix the microphone problem. We should be seeing a working microphone for Conexant CX20632 in a future AppleALC.kext release.
Hi, I had worked on getting AppleALC work with both audio output and one input. Unfortunately the input was working as audio in and not as a microphone. When plugging non amplified sources (like a mic) the audio in was extremely faint. I did not manage to patch AppleALC again after updating my kext (my knowledge of Xcode is practically 0 and I managed the ALC hack without a clue of what I was doing) and had no time to go through the process again. If someone is savvy of Xcode and willing to take over what I did, I am willing to share.

On another note. Has anybody managed to install Big Sur? I tried many times, both upgrading and blank install, but never managed to pass the first reboot (stage two on installation).

Hi Everyone,

First all, apologies if I did not replied to some post. I was off from the hacking tosh scene from some time.

I decided to install Big Sur 11.5.2 on the HP Elitedesk 800 G3 DM (EFI attached to this message).
I followed Dortania how-to.
I used:
  • ACPI:
    • SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml from Dortania (I know it is not ideal and I will make one specific for the machine)
    • SSDT-PLUG.aml (I used the DSDT I created under Mojave for this)
  • Drivers:
    • AudioDxe.efi
    • CrScreenshotDxe.efi
    • HfsPlus.efi
    • OpenCanopy.efi
    • OpenRuntime.efi
  • Kext
    • AppleALC.kext
    • IntelMausi.kext
    • Lilu.kext
    • USBMap.kext (created following Dortania's manual)
    • VirtualSMC.kext
    • WhateverGreen.kext
So first remarks:
  • Display:
    • not recognised and I am stuck in 1024x768
    • When monitor goes to sleep, it become black but mouse pointer remain visible (strange ?!)
  • Graphic:
    • Graphic card is recognised as Intel HD Graphics 530. This should be correct as I have a CPU Intel i5-6500T.
    • Effect on minimise/maximize windows are sluggish/lagging
    • System information on Big Sur display this:
      • Intel HD Graphics 530:
        Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 530
        Type: GPU
        Bus: Built-In
        VRAM (Total): 3 MB
        VRAM (Dynamic, Max):
        Vendor: Intel
        Device ID: 0x19120000
        Revision ID: 0x0006
        Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
        Displays:
        Display:
        Resolution: 1024x768 (XGA - eXtended Graphics Array)
        UI Looks like: 1024 x 768
        Framebuffer Depth: 24-Bit Colour (ARGB8888)
        Main Display: Yes
        Mirror: Off
        Online: Yes
        Automatically Adjust Brightness: Yes
  • Mouse:
    • pointer sometimes lag (mouse is a Logitech with a dongle)
  • Keyboard:
    • Apple wireless worked out of the box (OoB).
  • Sound:
    • internal speaker seems to work. Did not tried Bluetooth audio. Front input/output does not work.
    • I have read that some used VoodooHDA to have the Conexant CX20632 working. Did not try. Dunno if with 11.5.2 it will work.
  • Network RJ45:
    • working perfectly.
  • Bluetooth:
    • worked OoB
  • Wifi:
    • not tested yet but card recognised OoB (BCM43224 I bought on purpose on Amazon with an adapter)

I guess I will have to work on SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml to make one specific for the 800 G3 with an i5-6500T.

I have seen some people having an SSDT-AWAC.aml, SSDT-GPRW.aml, SSDT-HPET.aml for a 800 G3 DM with OC but I do not know if it is necessary for this machine taking into account the CPU I have. I guess some things change from one CPU model to another, some more experienced people may confirm.

So Voilà, for the moment.

I would be happy if any one could help me, guiding me on what I am missing/what I should do. Happy to compile my SSDT myself, and do all the work. No a fan of re-using other people work as is but learning at the same time.

Thanks a million.

Yop

Attachments

• EFI v1.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Hi again everyone,

So know everything (almost) seems to work now.

Only:
  • Wifi:
    Despite bluetooth worked OoB the Wifi does not work. It seems that the BCM43224 is not supported anymore with Big Sur.
    I did not try to use AirportBrcmFixup and do not know if it is possible nor would help. Need to investigate.
    I tried several tricks like:
    • following Dortania's IO80211 Patches guide with no luck maybe it is a config problem from my side. Will check again.
    • using (not at same time) the TG80211Family.kext with no luck either.
    • I will continue to search for a solution but with a lesser priority as the Lan works.
  • Sleep/Wake:
    Did not tried the sleep/wake of the machine.
    Display goes to sleep and wake-up without any problem.

• Bluetooth:
    I did not try continuity and hand-off. I did not try Air-Drop either.

• OpenCore:
    Using REL-077-2022-01-10.
    Chime, I did not tested it for the moment. I think it is correctly configured in the new EFI I will attached. I did not spend too much time on it as I am not a big fan of it, personal preference here.

• Display/Graphics:
    Working.

• USB:
    Working so far. I created my own mapping of the ports following Dortania's guide as mentioned in my previous post.

• Sound:
    Via bluetooth with my headset, working.
    From internal speaker, working.
    Did not test the front output/input yet.

New version of my EFI folder attached.

Voilà, for the moment.

Will post my progress/test results if any :)

Yop

Attachments

• EFI v3.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 196
Hi, I had worked on getting AppleALC work with both audio output and one input. Unfortunately the input was working as audio in and not as a microphone. When plugging non amplified sources (like a mic) the audio in was extremely faint. I did not manage to patch AppleALC again after updating my kext (my knowledge of Xcode is practically 0 and I managed the ALC hack without a clue of what I was doing) and had no time to go through the process again. If someone is savvy of Xcode and willing to take over what I did, I am willing to share.

On another note. Has anybody managed to install Big Sur? I tried many times, both upgrading and blank install, but never managed to pass the first reboot (stage two on installation).
Hi :)
Sorry for the late reply, was off the scene for a while....
You may have already installed Big Sur since...

I have installed Big Sur 11.5.2 , look at my posts in this thread.

WiFi is not working and seems not to be supported :(
I will have to look for a more recent one.

I just have one display so I did no try other ports (I have two DP and one VGA) nor with 2 displays.

*** EDIT ***
Still the RTC Post message error appears. I did not fix it already. I will post an update as soon I it fix it :)

Voilà :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back