Contribute
Register

HACKINTOSH? HP ELITEDESK 800 G3 MINI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my EFI. I managed to get Mojave working on my EliteDesk 800 G3 Mini. It's a Skylake i5 6500 with Intel Graphics 530. My HDD is a Toshiba nvme KXG50ZNV256G I formatted in APFS.
Everything is working except intel wifi/bluetooth (but it's normal) and sleep/wake is also not working (normal again). I haven't checked hdmi audio (my monitor doesn't have audio but the speaker and the 2 headphones of the front panel are working fine.
For the installation I had to add Input FakeID : 0x19120000. It's not in the config.plist of the EFI I uploaded because once installed you can remove the FakeID from the config.plist

How did you manage to start from a USB drive? I have tried several options in the BIOS, but it doesn't work

Unibeast 9.3.0 installs a higher Clover Version 51XX on the stick. Do I have to change to
Clover r4701.RM (Build by RehabMan)? And if yes, how can I do that? Can I exchange the CLOVER folder on the stick?
The installation finished, but booting from HDD causes a restart after 20sec.

Hi everyone,

I am trying to install Mojave on my HP EliteDesk 800 G3 DM with an i5-6500T and Intel HD 530.
I boot with 2.4K rev clover 4798 without any problem, install Mojave on the SSD but once I reboot into clover and select the drive where Mojave has been installed, I see Mojave's boot info on the screen then the screen goes black and goes to sleep mode.
I am using the VGA port.

Did someone managed to make the VGA port working? Or it is definitely un-suppported.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help,

Yop

Hi everyone,

I am trying to install Mojave on my HP EliteDesk 800 G3 DM with an i5-6500T and Intel HD 530.
I boot with 2.4K rev clover 4798 without any problem, install Mojave on the SSD but once I reboot into clover and select the drive where Mojave has been installed, I see Mojave's boot info on the screen then the screen goes black and goes to sleep mode.
I am using the VGA port.

Did someone managed to make the VGA port working? Or it is definitely un-supported.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help,

Yop

I figured this out by myself :)

VGA is not supported... Ta daaa

Anyway, used DP and it is working like a charm.

Bottom line I did manage to run macOS 10.14.1 running on HP EliteDesk 800 G3 DM.

What is working:
  • CPU power management (had to create a custom SSDT)
  • Bluetooth / WiFi is working
    I bought an NGFF M.2 wifi + bluetooth card (OLVINS BCM943224PCIEBT2 WiFi Bluetooth Airport Wireless Network Card) and an adapter (Cablecc BCM94360CS2 BCM943224PCIEBT2 Wireless Card to NGFF M.2 Key A/E Adapter) to put inside
  • Intel Graphic HD 530 working
  • Network (LAN)
  • Sound
  • USB 3 (had to create a custom SSDT)
What is not working:
  • Hibernation (and it bothers me....:banghead:) (went through the forum posts here but did not managed to make it work)
Remarks: do not use VGA :D

Questions:
  • Should I update to the latest version ? Always?:think:
  • Should i update always my kext?:think:

Thanks.

Last edited:
I figured this out by myself :)

VGA is not supported... Ta daaa

Anyway, used DP and it is working like a charm.

No I have another question about Clover. As I am using rev 4798, should I update to the latest version ? Always?

Thanks.
VGA hasn't really been supported on mac's for around 10 years or

updating clover.... up to you but don't fix something that isn't broken :)

VGA hasn't really been supported on mac's for around 10 years or

updating clover.... up to you but don't fix something that isn't broken :)

Hi Feartech,

Thanks for the reply.

Well I was thinking the same thing in fact, "if it is working why fix it".

Good advice, I'll stick to it ;-)

Catalina 10.15.4 works great ;)

Last edited:
Hi all. I just installed Catalina with Opencore on this machine and it works quite well so far. EVERYTHING (that I have tested so far) WORKS! Also sleep!

I am planning to create a thread with EFI and guide but I want to finish fine-tuning the hack. This morning I de-bloated my SSDT's and I want go through all the post-install properly. Although the machine works perfectly.
In the meantime I can share my little (it was my first hackintosh ever!) knowledge about it if needed.

The only very annoying issue I have is CMOS reset at each boot. It seems a pretty common issue with OSX15.4 but I haven't managed to fix the issue yet. Any help with that would be very much appreciated.

Hi all. I just installed Catalina with Opencore on this machine and it works quite well so far. EVERYTHING (that I have tested so far) WORKS! Also sleep!

I am planning to create a thread with EFI and guide but I want to finish fine-tuning the hack. This morning I de-bloated my SSDT's and I want go through all the post-install properly. Although the machine works perfectly.
In the meantime I can share my little (it was my first hackintosh ever!) knowledge about it if needed.

The only very annoying issue I have is CMOS reset at each boot. It seems a pretty common issue with OSX15.4 but I haven't managed to fix the issue yet. Any help with that would be very much appreciated.
please read the rules regarding hardware profile:

Sorry, I did this very first hack just yesterday. I have updated my profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back