i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi just wondering can anyone confirm to me that Handoff is working with IOGEAR GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter or the GMYLE (TM) Micro USB Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle?

I know they are both recommended by Tonymacx86 in the guides but I have to buy a new one as my Belkin Bluetooth 3.0 wont suffice.

Any help would be great.

No. Or at least, not yet.

There are a couple of people that were playing with Yosemite during the DP/GM period with Handoff:

http://netkas.org/?p=1341
http://www.theapplelounge.com/featu...-handoff-on-older-macs-running-os-x-yosemite/

That "how to enable" guide is literally replacing the radios on an older iMac with newer iMac hardware in order to work.

Perhaps someone will develop a patcher to include other radios (similar to patching kexts for 3rd-party TRIM support), but in the meantime I don't think anyone has a working solution...

Yes. I have the exact same model. I can confirm this worked for me with my iPhone 6. I have a minor issue wherein the audio input isn't passed through, but I'm guessing that's an issue on my end in the Sound setup.

IOGear GBU521

Handoff is a different issue to the other "continuity" features. I don't believe there are any documented dongles working as yet and I would be surprised to say the least to see your IO Gear one working (from what I have read).

Can you please do a screenshot like attached from your system profiler/bluetooth settings to confirm exactly what you have...

Handoff would need to be marked "Yes" as shown on the attached list for it to be working.

This is from my real Mac by the way.

BT settings.png

I have that dongle and Phone calls *do* work, though none of the other Handoff functions do. System profiler says "no" for Handoff Supported. Messages is not yet working on my Hack, so I can't say if the SMS functionality will work.

-Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back