Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X79-UD3
CPU
i7 4930K
Graphics
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Hi guys, I would much appreciate some of your expertise...

I have built flawlessly the following spec machine;

Gigabyte X79-UD3 Socket 2011
Intel i7 4930K (3.4ghz ivy-bridge)
32gb RAM (Only have 2gb whilst installation is ongoing)
MSI GeForce 660 (Installed into the first PCIExpress slot)

I have installed UniBeast to a 16GB pen drive and have followed all instructions for MacOSX to the dot from the website

The installation now reaches the Apple logo then it completely freezes!

I have tried a combination of the following GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1, PCIRootUID=0, and npci=0x3000 and nothing seems to work...

Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Matt.

Apple Logo is worthless words to trouble shoot from. Boot the UniBeast USB with -v and post a pic of the screen where it stops.

BTW it is against forum rules to post same post in multiple forums. Post only once.
[h=2]Posting[/h]
  • Do not cross post or create identical threads in multiple forums. Duplicate threads will be deleted.

your post in Mavericks is deleted.

I understand that, however with all respect I have tried everything every user has suggested and nothing so far has been any luck for me. To be fair I have handy two volumes, one with ML UniBeast and the other Mavericks installation which I am trying to get working on my system, so both posts were valid.

I'll make sure I won't post this same message again. Just hoping I can get this rectified.

On the other hand, in response to your last question I have Pause/break on every line during the installation and taken a picture of my screen when it crashed with -v ...and have come out with the following error just before it froze.

Does this mean anything?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    811.7 KB · Views: 359
try with boot flags -v cpus=1 npci=0×2000

Hackintosh going black after "Boot Args" statement x79 ud3

Hi Everybody,

I have exactly the same issue! The last line displayed is "Boot Args" followed by numbers and , of course, the arguments. Then my screen goes blank! (I had to film it to see what was the last line.)

My hardware is pretty much the same:
Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 (Firmware F15 - I did not upgrade to now F18, because of the problems I read here in the forum)
Intel i7 4930K @3.4
32 GB G.Skill Trident 2400 (running at 1333 for Installation)
EVGA GTX770 classified 4GB

The Unibeast Version is 3.0.1
and I tried to install Mavericks 9.1

I tried all above mentioned boot flags (even darkwake, cpus, UseKernelCache...) but I had no luck.

I changed the graphics card as well to a MSI GTX670 from which I know that it is working, because it was in my previous HacPro with a gigabyte UD-5 (obsolete...) - just the same!

I hope somebody can solve our problem!

cheers, Mike

a friend of mine managed to install Mavericks on my machine.
So I'm typing this on my i7 4930K HacPro.

If anyone is interested to know what to do, I'll ask my "Guru" and post it here.
(But the reaction, or-non-reaction, to my previous post was a bit disappointing)

The only problem that's left for me is, that OSX only uses one core!
It shows me all six but only the first (left) core is blue.

Modo uses just one core, as well (during render-time only one box is doing the job instead of 12).

Any ideas would be highly appreciated!

hmmm,

I had no luck with VoodooTSCSync.kext...
The CPU count in the kext is 11 (so it should match my 4930K).

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back