CPU
i9-9900K OC 5GHz
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone, I'm experiencing a huge issue with my Hackintosh. I'm a FCPX user and I also use the iCloud Photo Library to get synced in the Photos app every photo and video I took with my other "genuine" Apple devices.

The problem is that when only the dGPU is enabled by using Lilu + WhateverGreen kexts my Hackintosh sometimes freezes (especially when I export videos from Photos app) because there isn't the iGPU (this is what Console.app reports). If then I enable the iGPU by adding IntelGraphicsFixup + Shiki kexts and enabling "Inject Intel" in Clover everything works fine, except that FCPX uses the CPU instead of dGPU for rendering and it's very slow.

Can someone suggest me what to do? I'm trying each and everything but nothing is working :(
Thank you in advance

Hi everyone, I'm experiencing a huge issue with my Hackintosh. I'm a FCPX user and I also use the iCloud Photo Library to get synced in the Photos app every photo and video I took with my other "genuine" Apple devices.

The problem is that when only the dGPU is enabled by using Lilu + WhateverGreen kexts my Hackintosh sometimes freezes (especially when I export videos from Photos app) because there isn't the iGPU (this is what Console.app reports). If then I enable the iGPU by adding IntelGraphicsFixup + Shiki kexts and enabling "Inject Intel" in Clover everything works fine, except that FCPX uses the CPU instead of dGPU for rendering and it's very slow.

Can someone suggest me what to do? I'm trying each and everything but nothing is working :(
Thank you in advance

I have this problem, not just with fcpx but also with adobe apps that use opencl. Looking for a solution to this problem, perhaps due to the new rx580 is supported :(

Attachments

• swapID.kext.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 434

Thank you in advance
Although I don't use the Photo apps you mentioned, I have a Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB graphics card in MyHero II build, currently with 10.13.4.

I don't use any of above mention kexts nor is the config.plist patch Devices/Graphics/RadeonDeInit=Yes flag. I did have to change my System Definition to 14,2 from 18,3 to get my DisplayPort to work in 10.13.4. (I used MultiBeast to just select > Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2 to ensure all the appropriate SMBIOS information matched.)

Everything works as it should including processor power management. I'm even using MyHero II with a Dell 4K monitor. So, I recommend removing the above kexts, removing any mention of RadeonDeInit in the config.plist (or set RadeonDeInit=No), and changing your System Definition to iMac14,2.

I have this problem with Xeon E5 2680v2 without iGPU, now put SwapID.kext and not freeze but haven’t got hardware aceleration with h264/hevc. How can I do?

I have tested with or without Whatevergreen + lilu and work native my RX580 but only with SwapID.kext not freeze and only works the mouse.

Anybody have any luck over here the RX580 and Intel 630 IGPU combo?

use flag -wegoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back