Contribute
Register

Hackintosh freezes, internet temporarily goes out for other machines until its restarted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also experiencing this issue. Knocks out the wired and wireless networks on my Linksys 6500.

Q87 chipset with i217 Ethernet running latest IntelMausiEthernet kext. It only happens while running macOS (High Sierra 10.13.3) for a random amount of time. No issues with Windows 10.

Wow I am both elated and sad to find this thread. This problem has plagued me for months now. And I thought i was crazy to think that a crashed computer could take down the whole network, but it seems like many others are experiencing this too. @Stork said it was patched back in 2016, but there are clearly people still experiencing this issue.

For reference my system is on 10.12.6 (16G29)
I'm running a GA Z270X Gaming 7 motherboard, and using the bottom (Intel Gigabit Lan) port (the top port doesn't work at all).

I have IntelMausiEthernet.kext version 2.2.1d1 installed.

Hey guys, same here - Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390 - freeze when idle/a few minutes after screen saver kicks in, and the internet connections is down.

Any ideas? I’m using Opencore as a bootloader. Will try using the PC without the ethernet and see what happens.

Same issue, and it's baffled me for a while now. I ended up convincing myself that my network switch had gone bad and I replaced it, eventually I found that if I powered off my hackintosh (which is always in a "frozen" state and the screen saver active) my network immediately goes back to normal - Asus Z390 PRIME-A

Wow this is illuminating as I have also experienced this issue with my older Sierra build on my first machine and now it has totally baffled me again as it has appeared on this secondary machine as well.

I actually also run a Plex Server and so it would seem that definitely it occurs after a certain amount of data has passed, otherwise I always assumed it was just an issue over time.

I am awaiting a new NIC card but right now I am using the 2.2.2 version of RealtekRTX8111.kext that comes with multibeast (High Sierra) - it only allows me to use 100 base speeds though and when it goes out I use, "sudo ifconfig en0 down" then "sudo ifconfig en0 up" to bring it back without having to reboot.

It doesn't take out my entire network now but if a NIC replacement is the key, I will be glad to have this problem behind me...

*EDIT
Installed a new I210 PCIe NIC and have my gigabit speeds back - possibly my MB NIC was borked/damaged in some way, disabled it in bios, rebooted and default Apple kexts loaded. Removed Realtek kext I had been using for the 8111g/h and now I hope it stays fixed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back