GT 740
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[solved]Hackintosh freezes 50% of the time booting 10.10

Hello everyone,

I am very grateful for all the tips I read here, especially the http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...sing-hd4600-chimera-multibeast-method.html#2a and the hardware recommendations. I got my hackintosh to work without major problems but one thing is bugging me and I hope somebody might be able to help. :)

Sometimes, when I boot (with our without flags) it will just freeze. I will get to the point where you see the apple logo with the progress bar and afterwards i will just get a grey screen. This happens not all the time, but quite frequently. Starting with the -v flag seems to increase chances of success and with -x -v it always worked. Does booting with these flags have any disadvantages?
I have had no kernel panics whatsoever and the system did only freeze at one other occasion: after waking up from sleep mode.

My system is:

gigabyte h97n-wifi (replaced wifi card for the one in the hands-off guide. works flawlessly)
core i3 3,5ghz
4gb ddr3 ram (just a single module)
gt740 graphics

I am having the same problem. I get this screen. Please help.

IMG_0260.JPG

Z97X-UD7 TH
i7-4790k
Geforce GT 740
16GB Ram

I am having the same problem. I get this screen. Please help.

View attachment 134631

Z97X-UD7 TH
i7-4790k
Geforce GT 740
16GB Ram

Are you unable to move the cursor at this point? This seems to be exactly the same issue.

Unfortunately I experienced a few freezes by now just after booting successfully(without any flags). Usually when I open Safari.

No I cannot move the cursor at this point...

I solved the booting issues by using the following boot flags <string>kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000 darkwake=0 dart=0</string> and setting my system definition to iMac 14,2.

Also, I had some random freezes occurring when the system was up and running. These seem to have been related with my graphics card. I solved the issue by running an app called "freeze fix". Just google for it!

Those flags didn't do anything for me. I still freeze like 75% of the time I try to boot. I'm on i5-2500k, h77n-wifi, 650ti, 10.10.3. Just because the login screen appears, i'd see a grey screen, my cursor in top-left corner, and the progress bar in bottom-left corner, and everything is frozen.

Anyone managed to figure this out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back