Contribute
Register

Hackintosh for photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I use my Mac (notebook Pro) for normal use and photography applications such as Lightroom and Photoshop, I was to assemble my own Hackintosh so what components should I use that won't cost me much, has small size case and enough performance to handle those applications.

Ashraf Jandali

Better to compile a basic system and ask specific questions before ordering. Check the Buyer's Guide above for compatible components and the Golden Builds section in the forum for documentation of successful builds. All the information is there, you just have to look for it.

I am looking for a system that is small in size and don't exceed $700

You may want to look @trs96 guides on some ready built HP compact desktops all you usually need is a small graphics card. $400-$550 total? Get a new SSD and you can usually have windows already installed and macOS dual boot for a bargain price.

You may want to look @trs96 guides on some ready built HP compact desktops all you usually need is a small graphics card. $400-$550 total? Get a new SSD and you can usually have windows already installed and macOS dual boot for a bargain price.
I've got a Dell Optiplex 7010 USFF and 9010 SFF with i7-3770. The 9010 (pics below) only cost me about $200 total. Less than the cost of a new Core i5 CPU by itself. Runs HS or Mojave with the built in HD4000 graphics. Here's a pic of the front. Has the PSU internal and is still smaller than most other SFF cases. The build quality of these is top notch. Just the case itself is worth about 70 USD. Front USB ports are a must have. I hate using USB hubs that connect to the back of the case.

00808_i4MzeFtr6aI_600x450.jpg
Screen_Shot_7.jpg

00K0K_hNeV37cDvcQ_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back